Chapter 14

Lauren sighed happily as she laid back in her bed, tossing her phone onto the comforter next to her.

She had just gotten off of the phone with Camila, and even though they had just seen each other that morning at Demi's house, they had just made plans to go out later. They both felt like they didn't get to spend enough time together during the day of prank wars, so they chose to spend their Sunday together as well.

Still on a natural high from the night before, Lauren stared up at her ceiling, wondering how she had gotten so lucky. She had always been a big believer in karma, but recently she wasn't so sure. She didn't deserve Camila. The younger girl was the most beautiful, caring, selfless person in the world and Lauren knew that the universe must have made one big fuck up to put her in her life. With the way she had been acting in the past few months, Lauren knew she didn't deserve to be so happy. But she was more than thankful that Camila was brought into her world and she would spend the rest of her days proving that she could be worthy of something so magnificent.

Lauren finally felt like she was taking the right steps in her life. Leaving Luis for good was the start of that and she would continue doing whatever necessary to keep Camila in her life. Just the thought of losing the girl made her heart drop in her chest. She would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't already truly and completely in love with Camila.

The ring of the doorbell startled Lauren out of her thoughts and she heard one of her family members answer the door.

"Lauren!" Clara called from downstairs and she felt a pit drop in her stomach. She had only just gotten off of the phone with Camila a few minutes ago, so she knew it couldn't be her. This wasn't going to be good.

The emerald-eyed girl braced herself for the worst as she pulled herself up off of her bed and walked downstairs. Sure enough, she was met with the tall boy she never wanted to see again.

"Well, it's nice to see you again, Luis," Clara said as she patted the boy on the shoulder. "I'll leave you two alone, then," she stated before wandering back into the kitchen.

Lauren took a few steps forward from the base of the stairs and folded her arms across her chest. "What are you doing here, Luis?"

"I came to apologize," Luis said weakly as he held out his arm, a dozen red roses in his hand.

Lauren rolled her eyes, ignoring the flowers as she walked into the rarely used family room to the right of the front door. She didn't say a word but she knew Luis would follow. At least in there they would have some privacy from the rest of Lauren's family.

"I thought I told you I never wanted to hear from you again," Lauren said to the boy once they finally had some privacy.

"I know, but I just had to come apologize. I felt awful about what I said to you at the diner. It's been eating away at me ever since. I never should have said those things to you," Luis said, barely able to meet Lauren's eyes. He offered the flowers to the girl once again, but when she didn't make a move to accept them, he set them down on the table.

"Well guess what Luis, you did say those things to me. And even if you were saying them out of shock, they still have the same meaning as though you were saying them out of hatred," Lauren practically spat back at Luis. The past few days had made her completely forget about their incident at the diner where they broke up, but now everything was coming back and her blood was boiling.

"I didn't mean it, Lauren. You should know that. I don't care if you're gay or whatever..."

"I'm going to stop you right there," Lauren said as she put a hand up. "You don't get to go around labeling my sexuality. It shouldn't matter to you, or anyone else for that matter, if I like girls. The only thing that you have a say in is our past relationship. That was real. That was you and me. You don't have the right to throw words around because you're precious little ego was hurt. It's none of your business."