Chapter 16

A/N: Just being safe and adding a trigger warning for some slight alcohol use/abuse in this chapter.

---

The day before Halloween, Camila, Dinah, and Hailee rushed around town trying to find the perfect outfits for their costumes.

Camila had changed her mind from her original idea and decided to go as Harry Potter, but in all of the stores they had been to, she couldn't find a single robe set for her outfit. So instead, she had to stick with being a cat. Since she didn't want to put a lot of money into it, she had just gotten a black dress and cat ears. She figured she could draw on some whiskers with eye liner and call it a day.

Dinah wanted to go as a cop, but when she showed Camila her outfit the day before, they decided she looked more like a confused Michael Jackson/police officer, so she gave up on that idea and chose to go as a football player instead. She just needed to find a cheap jersey somewhere.

Since Hailee had already planned out her costume, she had everything she needed. She just wanted to find a fanny pack to add to it. She already had her blue button down shirt and red pants, complete with "haters back off" written across the butt.

The three girls had gone to the sports store to find Dinah a jersey when Camila and Hailee decided to start an impromptu football game in the middle of the store with a ball they had found. After Camila tripped while running for a pass and knocked over an entire rack of water bottles, the three girls were all promptly kicked out of the store, leaving Dinah jersey-less.

As they sat in Dinah's car trying to figure out where to go next, Camila and Hailee were both in the backseat still laughing so hard they could barely breathe. Dinah just rolled her eyes, but was happy to see Camila laugh like that for the first time in weeks.

After Camila had left Lauren's house the week before, she immediately called Dinah to let her know that she decided not to get back together with the green-eyed girl. Dinah told her she was being ridiculous, but didn't push the subject any more. Camila spent the next few days locked away in her room after school until Dinah barged into her room and told her to cut the crap. It was her choice to leave Lauren like that and she was going to have to deal with the consequences and get on with her life.

After that, Camila finally started making plans with Dinah and Hailee on her own accord, and Dinah figured she had finally talked some sense into the girl. But she saw the way her brown eyes were dull and almost lifeless, almost as if someone had taken the spark out of them. And in reality, someone had. Without Lauren around, Camila's eyes just weren't the same anymore.

Finally, Camila and Hailee calmed down enough speak, even though they had tears in their eyes from laughing so hard. They all decided to go to Goodwill as a last resort to try to throw their outfits together, which was fine with Dinah considering that was her favorite store.

At the store, Hailee immediately found a snazzy black fanny pack that she decided would go perfectly with her costume. While Dinah wandered off to find a jersey, the other two girls walked through the different aisles mindlessly.

"So will it just be you and Dinah heading to Demi's tomorrow?" Hailee asked nonchalantly as she looked through some different sweaters on the rack.

"Ally might come with Troy, but that's all I know," Camila responded. Instantly her mind was brought to the green-eyed girl and what she would be doing for Halloween. Their plan had been to do something together, but now that they hadn't really talked in three weeks, she had no idea what Lauren and Normani were planning on doing.

"It's supposed to be a huge party I guess. Not like her other one that was pretty laid back. Apparently people from all different schools will be there. Demi really goes all out for Halloween," Hailee chuckled.