the roof

They had eaten dinner with JD's dad earlier, and Big Bud Dean was fast asleep in his own room. How do they know this you ask? His snoring could be heard faintly from the room.

It was roughly past midnight, JD and Veronica were taking some photos in his room using the polaroid camera.

"Pretty photos" Veronica smiles at the photos "You look very handsome, especially in this one" She gestures to a photo.

"And you look beautiful in all of these" JD states. "Why thank you" Veronica giggles and kisses JD.

"Hey, I have an idea" JD stands up from the bed and gestures for Veronica to follow him.

"Oooh, ok" She replied then follows him down the stairs carefully. JD goes to his dad's liquor cabinet and opens it.

"Jackpot, He forgot to lock it" He smiles at Veronica.

"Wow, Grab the tequila" She orders JD

"Yes ma'am" Jason grabs a bottle of tequila and closes the cabinet door. "C'mon" JD takes Veronica's hand and leads her up the stairs quickly but quietly. They enter his room and He opens his window. His window led to the roof of the garage so they climbed out his bedroom and onto the roof.

JD chuckles and takes a seat down on the shingles, Veronica sits down crisscross applesauce beside him. He opens the bottle of tequila and drinks from it. Veronica makes grabby hands at JD and he hands her the alcohol.

Veronica takes a gulp from it and hands it back to him. "So do you hang out here often?" She asks JD, looking up at the moon.

He looks up too "Yeah, actually. I just go here whenever I want to relax" He drinks from the bottle of tequila again.

"Mhm" She swipes the bottle from JD and takes a sip. "That day on the um bleachers, I scared you didn't I?" She asks.

"Of what?"

"Because I asked you about the future, and you started thinking about your feelings. That's why you avoided me later that day"

JD looked at her with a look that said 'unbelievable' but in a happy way. He exhales sharply and smiles at her. "You're right, but I'm more comfortable now"

Veronica laughs "What do you think about the future now?" She questions curiously.

"Well...I see us traveling places after college. But when we get married, and we go on honeymoon obviously" He winks at Veronica and hits her elbow playfully causing Veronica to smile.

"And after that, we move into a cozy house where not much people live around us. Very private, but close enough to the town so there's a Snappy Snack Shack for us to go dates on." JD continues and her smiles grows wider with every sentence he says.

"And also close enough for our kids to go to school, the mall, a pizza place. We can teach our kids how to defend themselves. Be all cool like their Mom and Dad , and when they are old enough if you are willing, We teach 'em how to use guns like how my dad taught me." He looks at Veronica, nervously biting his lip.

Veronica had a big gigantic smile on her face. "I love it JD" She and JD share a kiss.

"I had uh a lot of time to think, during the whole time" He laughs.

The pair talked to each other more, each taking turns drinking from the bottle of tequila.

"JD, how did your mother die?" Veronica asks cautiously, trying her best not to trigger JD.

"Mh, Let's see I was 8 years old..Yeah..They said her death was an accident but uh she knew what she was doing. She walked into the building two minutes before my dad blew the place up. She waved at me and then.. boom." He said, looking out to the surroundings around them.

"I'm so sorry, love" Veronica pulls JD into a bear hug. He returns the hug, and smiles at Veronica.

After talking a little bit more, Veronica suggested they go inside now and go to sleep since it was almost 3 in the morning. JD agrees and they both fall asleep in each others arms.

~~~~~

This chapter was based off the Katy Perry lyric from The One That Got Away btw"We used to steal your parent's liquor and climb to the roof""Talk about our future like we had a clue"

Hehe third chapter of the day i think? wowowo

make sure to take care of urself,reader-cheska<3