Chapter VII

Sorry guys! I went on a trip to my favorite place ever, Minnesota, and ugh, exams! I best most of you are done with school, but I end on the eighth.....bleh! Also, my iPod broke, so now I have an iPhone 6! :D anyway....

***current year, year 5****
"Harry!" Draco called, his voice desperate from searching for the other boy. He ran through the corridor, trying to tell him. He had to. He couldn't wait any longer. He had already started running after he ditched Hermione in Dumbledore's office. He really didn't want her to find him right now.

"Draco?" He heard a voice come from across the hallway, and saw Harry appear out of thin air.

"Merlin, Harry, you came out of nowhere!"

"You should be used to the invisibility cloak by now." Harry snapped, and Draco flinched, stepping backward.
Harry's eyes filled with sympathy as he softened. "Sorry Dray, you just caught me at a bad time, that's all."

"S'alright." Draco muttered. Suddenly telling Harry that he loved him didn't seem so appropriate anymore. In fact, it made Draco so nervous that he almost collapsed on the floor in a pale heap.
He heard Harry call out his name and suddenly he realized that Harry had caught him and he was limp in his arms, and Harry had brushed a lock of silver blonde hair from Draco's face. Draco was surprise by this sudden outburst of affection, no one had ever held him so close and lovingly, except for maybe his mother. Draco had waited five years for this moment, and suddenly, he pushed Harry away and brushed off his robes.

"I'm fine, Harry." He said sharply and left, running down the corridor once more. He didn't know why he pushed Harry away. He couldn't bear it if he found out that Harry didn't like him anymore, and his eyes burned. He was going to take this too fast, he was going to ruin everything. Harry stood there, perplexed and curious on why Draco had acted so peculiar.

•••

Harry was dreading this. This utterly disgusting woman, for whom he'd already had detention with for the past week already, was going to make him write lines in his own blood again. As he sat down and started to write. As he wrote, the blood dripped down his left hand as "I must not tell lies" appeared. As if Harry didn't have enough scars already.

Two hours later, Umbridge approved his lines, and Harry clutched his hand as he fled from the room. He grabbed his invisibility cloak from his magically enlarged robe pocket, and threw it over him. He didn't know where he was going, but he didn't care. He only wanted to be alone, but then he heard his name being called. Draco? Harry thought, as he heard the blonde, calling for him desperately.
He decided to take his invisibility cloak off, just as Draco turned the corner and stopped in alarm.

"Merlin, Harry, you came out of nowhere!"

"You should be used to the invisibility cloak by now." Harry snapped with quite a harsh tone, immediately regretting it, and he saw Draco's eyes look hurt, and he stepped backward, flinching.

Harry's eyes filled with sympathy as he softened. "Sorry Dray, you just caught me at a bad time, that's all."

"S'alright." Draco muttered, staring at the floor. Harry couldn't bear seeing him hurt like that, and especially by Harry himself. Every time Harry saw Draco, he wanted to step forward and comfort him. He wanted to wrap his arms around him, his face buried in his soft hair. Draco had looked so happy before Harry came, and suddenly, before Harry realised, he had gently held Draco in his arms when Draco looked faint.

Subconsciously, Harry had brushed a lock of silver blonde hair from Draco's face. It was too long of a wait, it dawned on Harry, for him to do this. He knew that Draco was straight, and he knew he could never have him, but he needed him. At least, just this once. Suddenly, Harry's fears came true as Draco pushed Harry away and brushed off his robes. "I'm fine, Harry." He sneered, and rushed off down the corridor. Harry sank to the floor against the cold wall, huddling his knees to his chest. He ruined everything. But just this once, he had held Draco in his arms. Just once.