Chapter XI

***current year, year 5****

The butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks was delicious as always, and Ron and Hermione sat together near the fireplace. Other students would be walking by and they would make cute sounds about Ron and Hermione, and though it was true that the both were very fond of each other, both were quite uncomfortable when they did that. After they finished their butterbeer, Ron spoke. "Erm, Hermione, we should get out of here." He pointed to the window where a group of students had gathered, looking at Ron and Hermione.

Hermione agreed, and they both headed outside. A mob of students were following them, so they ran ahead, laughing gleefully as they approached the shrieking shack. "I do believe we've lost them," she smiled as she sat next to Ron in the old, falling apart shack. Ron didn't reply as he stared out the window. Hermione scooted closer to Ron. "They're right you know." She said.

"What?" Ron asked, shocked at the words coming out of Hermione's mouth.

"We would make a cute couple."

Ron's ears turned a bright shade of pink.

•••

"I do suppose Ron and Hermione are having a good time without us." Harry stated, resting his head on Draco's stomach as Draco stroked Harry's black, messy, hair.

"I hope they bring us some Honeydukes candy though." Draco smiled.

"You always need your Honeydukes, don't you, Dray?" Harry googled, and Draco kissed the top of his head.

"Of course." Draco smirked and ran a hand down his glossy, silver-blonde hair. Harry looked thoughtfully at Draco and sat up.

"You know," Harry started, reaching for the back of Draco's neck, "I like your hair better without all of that gel." With one sudden swoop Harry flew his hand up the back of Draco's hair to spike it all up in a messy style.

"Harry!" Draco protested, and Harry kissed him just to shut him up.

They didn't hear the footsteps run into the room. "See I told you the pensive was right!" Said a voice, and Harry and Draco turned to see Colin Creevey and another Gryffindor boy staring at them with wide eyes, and Colin had his camera in hand.

"What pensive?" Draco asked, alarmed.

"The one in Dumbledore's office. See, I went there to deliver him some licorice snaps, he does love those, and I came across a memory of you in your second year where you said you were in love with Harry Potter." Colin wheezed, and held up the camera again. Draco blushed profusely, and Harry was stunned.

"Co-Colin," Draco spluttered, "please, don't tell anyone-"

"Oh don't worry you two, I won't judge you! I find it rather cute and all."

"Yes, that's great, but just don't tell the-"

"Sorry, I can't do that. This is a great scoop and I just can't sit here and do nothing! See ya Harry! Bye Draco!" Colin and the other boy skipped off.

Harry was about to chase after them, but Draco held him back. "Let them go tell everyone. I don't care, do you?" Harry sighed and stood up, extending his hand for Draco to take.

"Let's find a more private place to talk." Harry smiled, and they walked down the long, twisted corridors until they found the room of requirement. They walked inside, and it was outside. Green, flower filled hills spread across the land, and the sun was about to set. The sky was illuminated with such bright colours that it made Harry and Draco stop in awe. They walked over to the farthest hill and sat together.

"Since second year?" Harry asked, rubbing the palm of Draco's hand. Draco nodded, and Harry lifted up his hand and traced down Draco's jaw with his thumb. Everything about Draco was angular, long, slender hands that liked as if they could catch a fairy without causing it harm, pointed, angled cheekbones that could cut metal. He was pale, like snow, yet beautiful. He pulled Draco into a long, passionate kiss, just as the sun set, and soon the sky was illuminated with stars. Billions and billions of stars spread across the night sky, shining down and lighting up the hills. Draco's hair was still ruffled from earlier, no longer slicked back to it's usual state, but messy, looking like he had just woken up. They had spent the whole day together, not doing anything particularly special, but it was special to them. As Harry and Draco sat in the grass, a breeze flew by. Draco shivered, for he had left his jumper upstairs.

Harry took his jumper off, and the white, button down shirt underneath came slightly upward. Draco's stomach did a flip when he saw Harry's abdomen underneath it. "You can use my jumper," Harry blinked, and shoved the jumper over Draco's head.

"Harry!" Draco exclaimed as the jumper got stuck around his head for a moment, but Harry kept pulling it down and Draco felt Harry's strong hands against his chest as he did. It finally came on properly, and Draco looked down at the jumper he was wearing. It wasn't a school jumper- it was crimson and gold with a letter H on it.

"Mrs. Weasley made it for me my first year. It's grown to my size, I think."

"I look like a bloody Gryffindor!" Draco giggled, but Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oi! Gryffindors are cool!"

"I know. I've always wanted to be one like you, Ron, and Hermione." Draco looked down with a suddenly saddening face. "Harry, my father forced me to do a lot of things I didn't want to do. Like being a Slytherin," he added.

"Dray, I'm sorry." Harry put his arm around Draco and pulled him closer, and Draco leaned his head on Harry's shoulder.

"Harry, what if he makes me be a death eater? Would you hate me?"

Harry's lips brushed Draco's softly, and he pressed his forehead to his. "Draco I could never hate you. I love you too much for that."