Chapter XXVII

I'm having difficulties writing lately. Maybe it's school, writer's block, or loss of time, but either way, it's getting harder for me to finish this book. Don't get me wrong, I'm not quitting the story. I would never do that to you guys. If anyone has any ideas for some cute/good sub-plots, just privately message me, and I might use it.  I feel like I wrote this chapter because of Alan Rickman (RIP) :( . Now I know Professor Snape isn't really part of this story, but I'm going to try and write it in.

Draco woke up cold and alone, the blankets all kicked to the foot of the bed. All he had was a sheet covering his bare chest. "Harry?" He whined. As he sat up, he saw the lights on in the bathroom, instantly relaxing.

"Hey Dray," Harry mumbled as he stepped out into the hotel room, just finishing his shower, and putting on one of Draco's dress shirts.

"Hey you," Draco said sleepily as he wrapped the loose blanket around his shoulders. He yawned, heading over to Harry and lazily kissing him on the tip of his nose. He extended his arms from the blanket, and started buttoning up the bottom buttons on the emerald green dress shirt, making his way to the top. His fingers fumbled a little bit, but once he finished buttoning them all, he went silently into the bathroom.

"Why is everything you own either green or grey?" Harry called to Draco through the bathroom door.

"My family's very proud of being Slytherin," Draco said haughtily. "Besides, it's emerald green, not just green, and it's a good colour scheme. Unlike your house colours, scarlet and gold," He scoffed from inside the bathroom, and stepped into the shower. Harry simply didn't understand the importance of colour names... after all, Draco was way more artistic than Harry, and also way more gay. He thought so, anyway. Harry was bi, right? Draco never asked him.

***

Harry heard the shower faucet come on as he sat down onto the bed. He reached for the television remote and looked through the channels. Harry rarely ever watched the telly when he was at the Dursley's, but during the rare occasion when he was home alone, he would turn it on, and watch this sci-fi show called Doctor Who. He had mentioned it to Draco before, and was going to watch it with him someday. Doctor Who wasn't on the telly, and it was the only show Harry enjoyed, so he turned it off and flopped backward onto the bed.

Draco stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist, stopping suddenly with an idea. He grabbed his wand off of the counter, grinning when he muttered a spell. The objects in the room spun, and soon the walls were an icy grey, the gaudy yellow curtains were now an emerald green, and the rusty twin beds became one massive bed with a silver comforter and dark green pillows. Draco smirked, and went back into the bathroom, reaching for a toothbrush. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Harry muttering about everything being Slytherin colors, making Draco grin as he stuck the toothbrush in his mouth.

Harry came up behind Draco as he brushed his teeth, wrapping his arms around the skinny blonde. "Did you know that the muggle hotels have a thing called complimentary breakfast?" Harry smiled, his chin resting on Draco's should as he shook his head no. "Well, it's going to close soon, so we should go." He released Draco's waist as he went back into the hotel room, throwing on a grey jumper.

Draco came out of the bathroom,  hair slicked back, still drying. Harry sat against the wall of the entrance to the hotel room. Draco grabbed the flat muggle card that they used to open the hotel door and left the room,  Harry following in pursuit. They walked down the colorfully carpeted hallway, and Draco stood excitedly next to Harry, gently holding onto his arm. "I've never had a muggle breakfast before," He exclaimed breathlessly, and Harry laughed.

"It's not that great," Harry explained, and Draco looked crestfallen for a second, but then regained his former excited state. They ran down the hall, laughing.

***

Hermione and Ron walked silently down the hallways at Hogwarts, not saying a word.

"I know what you're thinking," Hermione scolded, and Ron looked up. "He's still alive, Ron. Draco and Harry are going to be fine."

"As a matter of fact," a voice said behind them, and they turned to see Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape. "I was coming to tell you that Harry and Draco managed to escape Lord Voldemort." Dumbledore explained. Ron looked appalled at the mention of you-know-who's name, yet indescribably happy at the same time.

"Well, where are they now?" Hermione asked frantically, and Dumbledore adjusted his half-moon glasses.

"We haven't a clue," Professor Snape drawled. "Perhaps Mister Malfoy and Mister Potter can make it back to Hogwarts all by themselves. We all know that they're perfectly capable."

"But Hogwarts is untraceable, how are they supposed to find us?" Ron piped up, and then his eyes widened. "What if one of them is injured?"

"Then Mister Malfoy will heal the injury or find Hogwarts with a spell. I completely trust in his skills." Professor Snape replied, and Ron and Hermione nodded reassuringly. "They're going to be fine. If they can escape the dark lord, then they will be able to make it back to Hogwarts." Snape added before turning to walk away.

"I hope," he muttered as he left, the black cloak swishing behind him as he walked.

***

"What in the name of Merlin are these?" Draco grumbled, playing with his breakfast.

"Those are called scrambled eggs."

"They taste like a sponge bathed in salt." Draco complained, pushing it away from him as he gnawed on a croissant.

"Yeah, they're not the greatest," Harry agreed, but continued to eat his meal. Draco looked blatantly over to him as he scarfed down the eggs, a groan forming at the back of his throat. He licked up a packet off of the table, and looked up in wonder.

"What is this instant coffee? How is so small?" Draco inspected the coffee packet, dangling it from his fingers. "Is it for poor muggles who don't have the time to grind real coffee beans themselves because they're so busy working?"

"Sure, Draco." Harry mumbled. "And you add water to it,"

"You what? How do muggles do that?"

"Magic," Harry wiggled his fingers ominously, and Draco scowled. "I honestly have no clue," he added.

"Weird, muggles. How do they do all of this?" Draco murmured. Harry shrugged as a reply. Draco played with his food a little bit until he just threw the leftovers away, making Harry visibly wince. He wasn't used to wasting food.

As Draco came back, an idea formed in Harry's mind. "Say, Draco, have you heard of a pen?"

"No, what's that?" Draco asked warily.

"It's like a quill that you never have to dip in ink." Harry explained.

"WHAT?"

Hahahaha Draco learns the magic of muggle thingies XD remember, privately message me if ya have any sub-plot ideas for this fanfic! I love y'all.... Bye!