𝐨𝐧𝐞

dear Darius, do you remember the first day we met? Cause I remember it really well

dear Darius, do you remember the first day we met? Cause I remember it really well.. I miss you & I love you & im proud of you & your gonna do great things!

  I miss you & I love you & im proud of you & your gonna do great things!

KYAWO TILLER | ATLANTA, GEORGIA

THE BELL RUNG indicating that class was over. The students stood up and exited the class one by one while Kyawo still sat in the back finishing off writing her notes. She made sure she had them written down right, because she needed to study for the class test that upcoming week.

Getting up from her desk, she places her notebook and pencil into her bag and waved bye to her favorite teacher Mr.Wilson. Making her way over towards her next class she decided to stop to use the bathroom. After she was done she continued to make her way down the hallway to her class.

     Stopping her in the hall was some boy. He had dreads & light brown Carmel skin. "aye, you gotta snap or something I can have" he says running up towards her.

     Kyawo shakes her head no "I don't have a snap, but I have a instagram & a phone number, which one you want?"

     "shit I'll take the number" he says handing her his phone as he watches her put her number in. she saves her name and then hands him his phone back. Walking to her class which was just right across the hall.

     Sitting in the quiet classroom Kyawo had just finished her assignment and she was currently texting the boy who she had met in the hallway

Dread head boy

I was tryna get your attention fa a minute
but every time I tried you always
seemed occupied

lmao fr? 😂 I don't be occupied with
nothing but school work,
you could of been came up to me.

you in them books badly
But nah i didn't know if you was gone
Fw me fr.

whole time we got a
whole class tg, boy please.
You never know unless you try

Ong 😂 well I'm
Trying rn, so how you say ya name?

Ky • a • woo
It's said how you spell it lol, what's your name stranger ?

That's some unique shit.. I like it
My name Darius
you can come out yo class?

Thank you, and ya name ain't too bad
I can, but I'm not going to,
why whatchu want?

Fuck you mean you not going to 😂
I wanna see ya
pretty self again that's why.

😂😂 idk what to tell you Darius

She looked at the message that read that he had seen her message but he hadn't responded back so kyawo closed out of the message app and placed her phone down.

Now she was bored she hated sitting in a classroom with nothing to do, and it was even worse because she didn't have anybody to talk to. She didn't have many friends, but that was because she didn't talk as much.

   She began to stare into space until the bell had rung, once the bell rung that was her que to go home. Heading into the school parking lot she walked over towards her car getting into it, she waited a few minutes for her brother to come to the car also, but he was taking too long.

Finally getting into the car was her brother othay. "About damn time, I was finna drive off without you"

He laughed putting his seatbelt on "chill I was chopping it up with ole girl and some friends"

   "Ole girl who bre?"

    "nah some new girl I met, I don't know her name, but she some fine shit" he says letting his seat back low getting comfortable.

         Pulling out of the school parking lot Kyawo headed into the streets that would lead her home. They didn't live that far from the school it was about an 8 minute drive.

     they soon arrived and Kyawo ended up parking her car on the side instead of the parking lot because two cars were already in the driveway.

   "please don't tell me she done brought a nigga up in here" othay grabs his bag from off the floor and gets out the car, walking up towards the door opening it.

     Following behind him was Kyawo, once she had got in she realized that it was just their uncle tony and he had new whip, which was a normal thing. He always had a new car, he loved to switch them out.

   Slapping the back of  othay's neck was their mom. "And what was you gonna do if it was my boyfriend up in here?"

   "you ain't supposed to have no nigga in here till I leave, you got a boyfriend?"

  "your knuckle headed ass would know if I did" she said making her way over to kyawo giving her a hug and a kiss on the forehead. 

   "how was school? Actually how was school for the both of y'all?"

    "School was alright, I met a boy" kyawo says walking over to the top cabinets getting her some little bite muffins specifically the banana kind which were her favorite. They had two packs the blueberry kind was othay's which she thought was nasty.

    "School was shit, and what boy you meet?" he says rising his eyebrows at her, othay was over protective over his sister & over his mom too. He found his way to be in their business any chance he could get.

   "we've had a class together for awhile now but he just now decided to talk to me, his name Darius" she said shrugging her shoulders taking a bite out of the muffin.

   "sound like me" othay laughed

   "ew, but I don't know for real. I hate starting over and talking to somebody new it's annoying."

"Just see what he's about before you start actually liking him and shit"

   "like your brother said just see, you never know what's going to happen."

Vote, comment
excuse any mistakes