Chapter 9

~Crystal's P.O.V~

"So let me get this straight, Kol, my brother, has a daughter named Madison and she's with Anna and your twin son's Austin and Jake, away from Beacon Hills but now they're on their way home?" I ask looking at Stiles with my hands on my head. "Yes." He answered. "Why the hell did they leave Beacon Hills in the first place?" I ask looking up at him. "We were worried about our kids, and then people started to go missing. So Kol got overprotective and sent Anna and Maddy away, I thought it was best if the twins went with them. But now they're coming back and the kids won't be safe." He explains raking a hand through his hair that he grew out. "Stiles everything is going to be fine." "Crystal I have to tell a 4 year old that her dad is dead." "Kol isn't dead." "Crystal it's been almost 2 weeks.-" "Kol isn't dead. His body would've been rotten by now."

"Then what the hell is wrong with your brother Crystal?" "The Cursers are effecting him, like they've been effecting everyone else." Derek was a 16 year old now, Taylor couldn't control her shift, and all the rest of the werewolves couldn't keep their human eyes from changing to their werewolf eyes. "Maybe, they'll be here any second now." He says nervously. "Stiles, I'll make sure everyone is safe if it's the last thing I do... I promise." I say before standing up and leaving.

I frown at myself... it was happening again. Everyone was getting hurt because of me again. I took a deep breath before stopping in my tracks at the sight of Derek. "Look who I finally got alone," he says with a smirk that makes me think of older Derek. "What is it?" "You've been avoiding me for a week now Crystal." "No I haven't Derek, I've just been busy lately." He frowns, "the kids miss you." "I know they do," I say looking down at my hands feeling guilty.

I've so busy trying to help everyone that I stopped paying attention to them. "They keep bringing up training or something." "Mom, mom, mom!" Dylan yells excitedly running towards me. "Yes sweetheart," I ask looking down at him and smiling. "Uh well I know you told us not play with our powers in the house but uh-," "Crystal they're here," Stiles says grabbing my arm and absent mindedly cutting Dylan off. And sooner than I hoped I was pulled away from my son. "Crystal is that you?" Anna asks as I walk down the stairs. "Yeah, h- hey," I say as my voice cracks. "How are you! I've missed you so much, where are the kids." "They're in the living room," I say as 2 boys about Cole's and Dakota's age run in the front door laughing at something. They must be Austin and Jake aww they're so cute. "Where's Kol, I really need to talk to him."

Stiles steps in front of me and opens his mouth-. "I'm right here love," Kol says walking into the door like he wasn't dead for almost 2 weeks. My eyes start to water, but I have to control my feelings and act like nothing happened. "Daddy," Madison yelled running up to him hugging his legs. "Hey princess," he says smiling and picking her up.

"Mommy!" I hear Cole yell out while Dakota screams. I ran into the living room to see Derek passed out on the floor, then I notice the dark blood like fluid coming from his ears and nose. "Derek," I say while getting down on my knees to check on him. "Crystal he's fine," Kol says as he puts his hand on my shoulder normally I would fell better by him doing this but I just feel uneasy now.

~No one's P.O.V~

"Jake where's mommy and daddy?" Austin asked his brother that was 15 minutes older than him. "I don't know. Who are they?" Jake asks pointing over to Dylan, Cole, and Dakota. "I don't know, let's play with them." "Ok." The twin boys walk over to the trio of kids. Dylan steps in front of his younger siblings, "who are you and what do you want." "I'm Jake and this is my twin brother Austin Taylor's our mommy." Dakota peaks her head around Dylan's arm her eyes soon finding Austin's brown puppy dog eyes. Then she got the sudden urge to hug him which was weird but now she couldn't seem to pull her eyes away from his. Cole looked back and forth between them before nudging his sister and make her break eye contact with Austin.

Taylor watched confused to why her and Crystal's kids were interacting like that, especially Austin and Dakota. Autumn came walking past Taylor and Taylor grabbed her arm. "What." "Look at the kids," Taylor whispered trying to make sure that the kids didn't hear her talking. "What about th- oh," she realized the two starring at each other in mid sentence. "What do you think they're doing?" "Seeing their mate for the first time," Autumn answered the only logical answer to her question. "Mates? No they're way to young to be mates." "But it's possible Taylor." "But it could also be impossible," she says before walking away from Autumn.