Chapter 13

___Flashback__

"Come on sweetheart let's go home," Jason said hiding his clawed hand behind his back. Dustin's eyes widened as he watched from a high tree. "Katana attack," he commanded not wishing death on his little sister. Katana did exactly as she was told piercing her claws through his body, Dustin hopped down from his tree and Crystal ran away. "Who is that girl?" Katana asks licking the blood off of her claws. "My sister. Katana I think we should stay for a while. Time to get civilized." Dustin says smiling at her. "What civilized that's not my thing Dustin I'm from the amazon not civilization." She hissed. "Please Kat I need you to do this for me." "Why? Your not even that civilized." "I know but it's for our future queen." "But you're the king." She says confused at Dustin's words. "Finnick's replacement when the time comes."

"Dad! Dad!" They hear Kol yelling. "Go get yourself cleaned up, I'll meet you here later. Remember civilized." Dustin said pushing her away from his father's dead body. "Bastard," he whispered before pushing his claws into his father to make it look like he killed him. "What the hell are you doing," Kol yelled tackling Dustin onto the ground. "I was helping my sister." Dustin hissed pushing Kol off of him. "You killed my father you sick son of a Bitch." "Well if Katherine Banks is a Bitch then I guess I am." Dustin says smugly standing up. "Who the hell are you," Kol asked glaring at his younger brother. "Let me introduce myself Dustin Banks the brother that just saved Crystal's life." "What? My parents said you were dead." "No golden boy they just lied to you. Anyway you should be thanking me." "And why is that," Kol says looking down at his father's dead corpse. "Because big brother if I didn't come here in time Crystal would've been dead." And with that Dustin was gone.

*A week later*

Kol was starting college again since he took some time off to spend with Crystal after his parents deaths. He frowned as he walked into the door all eyes were and him giving him sad looks. "Hey brother," Dustin said patting his older brothers back. "What the hell are you doing here," Kol asks under his breath. "I wasn't gonna let you get all the fun with the girls that wanna help you feel better," Dustin smirks. "I have a mate-." "That you don't stay loyal to. Kol believe it or not but I do know you and I know the things that you do. What if poor Anna was to find out." "Stay away from her," Kol growled lowly. "Oh I plan on it brother."

"Kol you never told us that your little brother would be joining us for the rest of the semester," one of Kol's professors says walking up to the boys. "Well my big brother is just full of surprises. Dustin Banks." Kol glares at his brother clearly angered by his presence. Katana walked down the hallway dressed in a black tube top with black jeans and black pumps making every guy stare at her. Dustin growled making Kol cough covering up his brother. "I think I'm coming down with something um can you give my brother and I a moment please?" "Of course I'll see you two in class."

Kol waits until she walks away from the two before striking his brother across the back of his head. "Ouch watch it brother I'm not a big fan of PDA. And for you," Dustin says grabbing onto Katana's arm, "I said civilized not whorevill." "Don't talk to her like that," Kol says stepping in front of her. "You don't tell me how to talk to my people. I'm the king she listens to me." Kol ignored him, "you look amazing..." "Katana." "Katana," he said smiling at her name. Dustin frowned as she smiled back at his brother. "Kat, maybe you should go check on Crystal. Kol looked between them, "uh no you shouldn't." "Kol she does this all the time Crystal or you don't even notice." "Fine go check on her, and it's nice to know that there's an angel watching over us." Kol flirted making her blush as she walks away. Now it was Dustin's turn to hit is brother.

*Later that night*

The boys walk into the living room both falling onto couches. "So Katana?" Kol started with a smirk. "What about her," Dustin asked clueless. "She's you're mate." The oldest brother concluded. "Are you crazy no she isn't. I don't have a mate," Dustin denied. "So you don't mind if her and I have some fun." Dustin growls, "you touch her and I cut your hands off." "See she is your mate." "No I'm just protective over my people." Dustin lies clearly still in denial. Kol rolls his eyes and decides to drop the subject. "I think I kinda like having a brother," He admits looking up at the ceiling. "Me too. But too bad you're amazing parents lied about me and sent me away." Dustin says sarcastically. "They should've kept you." Dustin scuffs, "They thought I was a monster." Kol sat up and look at his brother, "what do you mean?"

"If You would've seen my natural form you'd think it too. That's why I shape shift and learn how to be normal. Most of my whole life I was told I was a monster Kol. Until Finnick found me when I was 13." "Our uncle Finnick. On our father's side?" Kol asked confused to why their uncle he never met in person too in Dustin. "Yeah on our "father's" side. Fin told me about my- our history and why I was like this. He understood. He thought me control. He raised me and on my 17th birthday he crowned me king of the Cursers, of course I wanted the highest ranking crown.. his crown. I wanted to rule everything there is that's supernatural. But someone else is next in line." "Crystal." Kol breaths. "I wanna see. Your normal form. This is not you or your natural form. Crystal would hate the idea of you not being you. I don't even like the idea." Kol said. "Fine but Crystal can't know about me. At all. It'll mess up the balance and the future." Dustin clenched his jaw before relaxing and letting his real teeth sharpened to their normal selves, his eyes turned gold with red seeping through the pupil, and finally his hair turned brown with an odd electric blue streak.

"Your eyes are just like Crystal's. Why the hell would you think that you were a monster," Kol says looking at his younger brother. "I-."

  "Kol who are you talking to?" Crystal asked before walking into the living room. Kol's head snapped up towards his sister's voice. "Uh Crystal I was just talking to my,-" Kol stopped his sentence as he looked over to the empty couch that Dustin sat a few seconds ago, "uh I was on the phone with a friend that's all."

___End__