Chapter 11

"Mates? With him. But he hates me," Dakota says to Crystal pointing at Austin. He frowns at her, "I never said I hated you Kota." "Well you act like it. And stop calling me that." They argued back and forth. Crystal just continued to watch them with a small smile on her face. "Why not?" "Because I don't like it." "I don't care I'm still gonna call you that." Austin says giving his mate a small glare. "That's stupid." "Guess you're just gonna have to learn to like it." Dakota growled at him flashing her eyes. But Austin wasn't impressed, "are you done now?" He said sounding bored. "Why aren't you scared?" "Cause you don't scare me."

"Can you guys settle down for a sec so we can talk about mates," Crystal asks crossing her arms. They looked at each other, shrugged, and sat down. "Mates are very special especially with you guys. You found each other young most people don't find their mate until teenage or early 20's." "So that just makes me even more of a freak," Dakota says with tears in her green eyes. Austin grabs her hand, "you're not a freak." Then he wipes a single tear that fell off of her cheek. "See this is good. This is what mates do. They help and protect each other and they love each unconditionally. Sometimes you can rely on your mate more than your own family." Crystal says with a bright smile.

Derek woke up gasping for air. He sat up in bed feeling completely drained. What the hell happened to him. Last thing he knew was that he was in the living room with Cole and Dakota now he was sitting in his bed. He frowned at himself before getting up. Maybe Crystal knew what happened or what was happening to him. He opened his door and walked out... more like stumbled. He looked like a drunk guy leaving a bar. Soon without seeing any other pack member he hears Crystal's sweet voice. "How bout you guys go play. I think we've had enough of this mate talk for today." His brows furrowed as he thought about who she could be talking to. "Ok mommy, let's go Austin," he hears Dakota's voice. Dakota and Austin, their too young to even know what the word mate means. He felt himself get weaker by the seconds, he had to get to his mate. "Crystal," he said as loud as he could which was a whisper. His throat was incredibly dry and his stomach growled angrily.

~Crystal's P.O.V~

My head turned to the faint sound of Derek's voice. I must be going crazy since I did check on him a while ago and he made no progress of waking up. Maybe I should go check on his just in case. "Crystal just the sister I was looking for, come I need to have an important conversation with you." Kol says walking up to me. Kol was really starting to worry me he was acting so differently lately and I didn't like it at all. "Um ok. How bout we go to the library?" I shrug. "Ok come on."

"So what did we need to talk about that was so important." "I just wanted to remind you that you and Derek are no longer mates." Anger sweeps across me, "what the hell do you mean by that Kol?" "You to broke the mating bond 6 years ago when you walked out that door." "That's not true." "But sister it is." "Maybe it is but who cares Derek and I are gonna fix every broken thing about us." "Oh I highly doubt that," Kol says rolling his eyes at me. "What the hell is your problem Kol? You walk around like you're the big alpha or something thinking that you can just tell people what's going on in their relationships when you have the worst relationship problems. So do me a favor and go screw yourself asshole." I yell at my brother before walking out of the library.

"Hey what was that about?" Autumn says frowning at me. "He's so worried about my mate when all he does is push Anna and Madison away." "Maybe you should go check on Derek. You know a little earlier I could've sworn I heard him calling your name, but I guess not." She says before walking into the library. She heard his voice too now I have to go check on him. "Wait Crystal one more thing. Mates feed from each others energy maybe you can heal him." Autumn said giving me a small sweet smile. She's so different now she wasn't a manipulative Bitch anymore, Tory really must be doing her some good. That reminds me I have to speak to Tory about the clan. Now I'm getting side tracked Derek first Tory later.

~Derek's P.O.V~

Where the hell was Crystal when I needed her. "Derek woah are you ok?" Scott says walking up to me. I frown as I look at him. "Crystal." "Um is that my signal to call for her. "Crystal-," was the only word that could come out of my mouth before I began to feel dizzy. "Crystal help there's something wrong with Derek!" I hear Scott tell before I'm consumed into darkness.

___Flashback__

"Derek?," Crystal whispers as she walked into the nursery. I was standing over Dakota's crib watching over her. My beautiful baby girl. "I'm sorry I just couldn't come to bed yet. I felt like she needed me." I say not looking up from my daughter. "Derek she needs you when she's awake not sleeping." "They all need me. Including you Crystal." I say turning to face her. "And you need me." "I'm always gonna need you." She smiles at me. "You know what I like to do when you're not home for bed?" "What?" "Well considering its only been 4 days that the twins have been here I like to have a sleepovers with them and Dylan." "Yay I get to sleep with mommy and the twins again!" Dylan yells causing the twins to wake up and start crying. I didn't even know he was awake. "Grab Cole I got Dakota," Crystal says picking up Kota. I go to pick up Cole. "Oops sorry," Dylan says making me smile a pick him up as well. Cole stopped crying and he was now looking up at me with a bright smile that reminded me of his mother perfect.