Season 3 episode 13 (arrow on the doorpost.)

(This is gonna be short since most of the episode turns to Rick and the governor.)

That night I couldn't sleep, I had constantly checked up on Carl sometimes peering over the beside to make sure he was still there unharmed.
[=~~~~~~~~~~=]

"Carl, come here." Glenn instructed interrupting me from my thoughts as Carl walked away from my side "you stash these at the loading dock. All right?" Carl nodded and took the ammo the left "Beth, put more up on the catwalk." Glenn handed her ammo "if anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo." Glenn said before going back to loading guns, I started loading guns too "y/n, your slow." Glenn said glancing at me "sorry." I worked a bit faster "I'll go work on the cage outside." He took his gun and started leaving "what we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the governor. We know where he is right now." Merle suggested "you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" Glenn asked "yeah I am." Merle replied "can't, you'll jeopardize everything. Especially if they manage to get away, we'll have bigger and more threatening problems like wounds, loss of ammo. Every bullet counts." I said "woah! The boy talks!" He shouts "a thousand if not a Million things could go wrong." I stated ignoring his comment "and they will." Carl turned around "my dad can take care of himself." He said before he continued his walk "sorry son, but your dads head could be on a pike real soon." Merle stated "don't say that to him." Me and Maggie said as Carl opened the door "why not? Afraid of losing him like you did your brother?" Merle asked "shut. up." I glared at Merle "what? Still sensitive about coke being taken from you?" He asked, I quickly loaded my gun and cocked it before aiming it at his stupidly big head "shut up!" I shout "y/n!" Glenn shouted "oh look at this! The boy finally grew some balls! Here I thoug-" I aimed beside his head and shot the gun before my aim turned back to his head. Merle looked behind him at the wall then back at me with a smirk "every bullet counts" he mocked my voice but before I could shoot again Glenn took the gun from me "calm yourself, go take a walk." He placed the gun back in my hands. I looked at Glenn then to Merle before I walked out I flipped Merle off.
]=<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>=[

We were alone, with the guns. I looked around making sure no one was around, I took a small sidestep closer to Carl my face feeling hotter. Carl looked at me confused before turning back to his gun, I took another small step closer "what're you doing?" He asked 'shit! Mission abort!' I thought as I panicked "nothing." I replied quickly as I hurriedly got done with my gun "bye" I nervously laughed as I put my gun away and started walking out. A soon as I was far away from him my face contorted into anger as I hit myself with the palm of me hand on my head repeatedly "hey! stop that!" I stopped and looked over "you shouldn't be doing that, if you wanna get tougher this isn't the way to go." Beth said walking over then stopping once she reached me "I wasn't trying to get tougher, I'm just mad at myself." I said a little weirded out on how this would toughen me up "oh.. why?" She asked "I'm trying to tell my crush I like them before the war so when I die.. he knows? I just wanna get this off and out there before I get sidetracked during the war and fuck things up." I confessed, she gasped "you like someone? Who?" She asked excitedly "a certain grimes-" "ew he's way too old for you!" She shouts "ew not him!" I shout back covering my mouth as I gag "Carl?" She gasped "yes!" I nod frantically "well you could drop some hints" Beth suggested "gods I suck at that" I groan "you don't have to be good at it, you could just be blunt about it" she said "what? No! That's scare him with the sudden 'hey I like you, be my boyfriend?' Ugh. Movies make this seem so easy" I complained, Beth laughed "your over complicating things." She said with a smile "just be you and drop hints, not like a bomb." She said the last part with all seriousness she had.

I walked over to Carl who was in our cell "hey-" my voice cracked, it fucking cracked. Carl looked at like he was gonna burst out laughing. I turned on my heels and speed walked out "so?" She asked "who's it going? It must've worked if your face is as red as that" she pointed out with a smirk "my voice.." I groaned and clenched my fists "yeah?" She signaled to continue "it cracked! Before I could even say the pickup line!" I whined as I sunk to the floor, Beth started laughing "I love watching you suffer" she joked "shut up, I'm gonna fucking kill myself" I banged my head on the floor "oh please don't, I won't have anyone to watch suffer for my entertainment" she rolled her eyes with a smile "you are a horrible person firefly" I said as I got up and brushed the dirt off of me "good." She smirked "now up peasant, we've got to work on your flirting skills" she giggled as we walked to a corner of the cellblock.
[=~~~~~~~~~~~~=]

"I don't think I should be touching you like this firefly-" "shut up and follow my moves" she guides my hands to her hips "Hershel's gonna be mad if he sees this" I said attempting to pull away "nuh-uh! How are you ever gonna dance with you future boyfriend or girlfriend if you never learn how to dance?" She asked, I sighed in defeat "that's what I thought, now follow my moves." She said as she started moving "this is so weird with the height difference" I awkwardly laughed "yeah, I'm so glad I'm taller than you." She pulls away quickly "what why?" I asked looking up at her "because I can do this" she grabbed my wrist and attempted to pick my up "damn it." She whispered "hehe, your not as strong as you thought" I smirked "really?" She said unamused and slightly pissed.
[=~~~~~~~~~=]

"Okay, follow the plan." Beth said after we revised the plan I nod and walked up to carl. He turned to me confused "hey y/n" he said confusion slightly brushing off "hey Carl. Are you from Tennessee?" I asked but before he could answer I added "because your the only ten I see" he stared at me for a second "I'm from Atlanta?" He said still confused. I turned to Beth and covered the side of my mouth then mouthed to Beth "it didn't work" she giggled "try the other" she mouthed back. I nodded and took the hand away from my face then turned to back to Carl only to see he had gotten tremendously closer. I took a deep breath "are you made from Copper and Tellurium? Because you're cute" I said leaning against the cell wall "not the science one idiot!" Beth shouts. I turned to Beth horrified before composing myself and turning back to Carl "are we gonna kiss or do o have to lie in my diary-" "NO!" She shouts "which one?! You're not specifying!" I shout back "there's only one left you dingus!" She whisper shouts. I groan and turn back "Carl.." I start "your hand looks heavy, may I hold them?" I asked "how can my hands be heavy-" Beth cut him off by hitting the back of my head "that's it! We're having another class session." She whispered grabbing my shoulder and yanking me.
[=~~~~~~~~~~~~=]

"I don't get it." I said looking at the plan "of course you don't get it, just go with it." She shrugs "fine, if this goes wrong I'm gonna blame you" she evil laughed, if that was possible. I walked over to Carl, before I could make it remotely close to him Beth grabbed me and turned me around "the plan is to make him jealous, idiot" she face palms "oh, how?" I asked "with me" she rolls her eyes "fine" I said crossing my arms.

As we played on the stairs I slipped "oh shit!" I shouted as I continued to fall as Beth laughed. I hit the last step, I purposely didn't respond to her calls as she made her way down. Once she got close I grabbed her ankle and mimicked growls of a walked, she screamed but kicked my head "you dickhead!" She whispered as I laughed. A smile cracked her frown as she started laughing too
"you should've seen the way you fell"
"You should've seen the way you screamed"
We laughed until we heard "y/n! I need help with something" I turned to the origin. Carl stood there looking slightly annoyed. I smiled, Beth gave me a wink as I walked past I finger gunned her. I was so excited maybe this was it.
]=~~~~~~~~~~~=[

We walked into the cell "what's up?" I asked "could you stay away from Beth? Your both getting a little bit too close to each other." He said turning back to his gun and cleaning it for the thousandth time today "what? Why?" I asked "because I like her" he replied with a slight glare 'but he don't spend that much time with her, he always holds my hand..' it hit me then 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer, does he see me as his enemy? Does he see me as an enemy to win Beth over? Is he serious?' I looked at Carl hurt, sad, and angry. He didn't look at me, he didn't even spare a glance. I sighed and returned to a neutral face "I don't like Beth you idiot." I quickly walked out and made my way past Beth, Merle, Maggie. I saw Glenn there with the guns still trying to prep for another attack. My lack of sleep wasn't helping, I couldn't believe I spent so many nights lying awake in my bed hoping if he was safe and alive, thinking he would die if I went to sleep. My anger only made me quicker at loading the guns "calm down you can mess up-" I cut glenn off "I'm not messing up, not again." I glared at him as he watched me load the guns up. I didn't mess up in fact I did a goddamn good job.
|=~~~~~~~~~~~~=|

We watched as Rick get a gun out of the cell "so I met this governor." He paused "sat with him for quite a while." He continued "just the two of you?" Merle asked "yeah." Rick answers "should have gone when we had the chance, bro." Merle said walking through everyone "he wants the prison." Rick spoke up "he wants us gone, dead. He wants us dead." He continued, Merle stood behind me and Carl. I knew the governor wanted us dead but I was still scared for everyone "for what we did to Woodbury. We're going to war." I grabbed the hem of my shirt Carl's dad walked past with Carl trailing behind, I followed. Whatever happens, I'm staying with Carl while it happens. I'll do my best to protect him. Just because I hate him right now doesn't mean I don't have a promise to fulfill.
[=~~~~~~~~~~=]
Yay
Words: 1960