Operation: Yellowjacket

Gramps had to pay a little visit to the company. I was lucky enough to go with him. He drove up to the gate to check in with security. "Dr Pym?" The guard asked. "Yes, I'm still alive. And I brought my granddaughter." Gramps replied. "Hello." I greeted as the gate opened.

Once we came inside, Hope Van Dyne, my mother, came to greet us. "Good morning, Hank. Morning, Brenna." Mom greeted. "Would it kill you to call me Dad?" Gramps asked. "Dr Cross will be so pleased that you could find the time to join us today." Mom said. "More like "thrilled"." Dr Cross commented. "I was surprised to receive any kind of invitation from you, Darren." Gramps said. "What's the occasion?" "Oh, you'll see. Won't he, Hope?" Dr Cross asked. "We're ready for you inside." Mom replied, leading us to the lab. "Come along, Brenna."

Dr Cross joined us at the lab, about to make an announcement. "Now, before we start, I'd like to introduce a very special guest. This company's founder and my mentor, Dr Hank Pym." Dr Cross announced. "When I took over this company for Dr Pym, I immediately started researching a particle that could change the distance between atoms, while increasing density and strength. Why this revolutionary idea remained buried beneath the dust and cobwebs of Hank's research. I couldn't tell you. But just imagine a soldier the size of an insect. The ultimate secret weapon. An Ant-Man. That's what they called you, right, Hank? Silly, I know. Propaganda. Tales to astonish! Trumped up BS to scare the USSR. Hank, will you tell our guests what you told me every single time I asked you, "Was the Ant-Man real?" "Just a tall tale." Gramps and I said in unison. "Right. Because how could anything so miraculous possibly be real?" Dr Cross asked everyone, while taking us to another room. "Well, I was inspired by the legend of the Ant-Man. And with my breakthrough shrinking inorganic material, I thought, could it be possible to shrink a person? Could that be done? Well, it's not a legend anymore. Distinguished guests, I am proud to present the end of warfare as we know it. The Yellowjacket." "Oh, no." I whispered. I could tell that Gramps was thinking the same thing. "The Yellowjacket is an all purpose weapon of war capable of altering the size of the wearer for the ultimate combat advantage." Dr Cross said, showing a presentation of his prototype. "So, it's a suit?" An investor asked. "Don't be crude, Frank." Dr Cross replied. "It's not a suit, it's a vessel." Just as Mom escorted the guests out of the lab, Gramps had a chat with Dr Cross. "You seem a bit shocked." He said. "Darren, there's a reason I buried these secrets." Gramps explained. "So, you finally admit it." Dr Cross whispered. "We could've done this together, Hank, but you ruined that. That's why you're the past and I'm the future." "Don't do this." Gramps demanded as Dr Cross left the room. "We have to make our move, Hank." Mom said. "How close is he?" Gramps asked. "He still can't shrink a live subject." Mom explains. "Just give me the suit and we can finish this once and for all." "No!" I shouted softly. "I have Cross' complete trust." Mom added. "It's too dangerous!" Gramps argued. "We don't have a choice." Mom explains. "Well, that's not entirely true." Gramps said. "Brenna helped me find a guy." "You and my daughter?" Mom asked. "Who?"