SHIELD Burglary

Scott listened to Gramps as he explained the heist. "This isn't the first time these guys have tried to get their hands on game changing weaponry." Gramps explained. "That's Mitchell Carson, Ex Head of Defense at SHIELD. Presently in the business of toppling governments. He always wanted my tech. And now, unless we break in and steal the Yellowjacket and destroy all the data, Darren Cross is gonna unleash chaos upon the world." "I think our first move should be calling the Avengers." Scott suggested. "I spent half my life trying to keep this technology out of the hands of a Stark." Gramps scoffed. "I'm sure as hell not gonna hand deliver it to one now. This is not some cute technology like the Iron Man suit. This could change the texture of reality. Besides, they're probably too busy dropping cities out of the sky." "Okay, then why don't you just send the ants?" Scott asked. "Scott, they are ants. Ants, they can do a lot of things, but they still need a leader. Gramps explained. "Somebody that can infiltrate a place that's designed to prevent infiltration." "Hank, I'm a thief, alright? I mean, I'm a good thief, but this is insane." Scott said. "He's right, Hank. You've seen the footage, you know what Cross is capable of. I was against using him when we had months, and now we have days. I'm wearing the suit." Mom explains. "Absolutely not!" Gramps snapped. "I know the facility inside and out. I know how Cross thinks. I know this mission better than anyone here." She argues. "Mom, we need you close to Cross. Otherwise, this mission cannot work." I begged. "We don't have time to screw around!" Mom shouted, arguing with Gramps. "No!" He shouted. Mom walked into the other room. "She's right. I'm not your guy." Scott sighed. "Why don't you wear the suit?" "You think I don't want to?" Gramps asked. "I can't. I spent years wearing it and it took a toll on me. You're our only option. Before Hope lost her mother, she used to look at me like I was the greatest man in the world. And now she looks at me and there's just disappointment. It's too late for me. But not for you. This is your chance. The chance to earn that look in your daughter's eyes. To become the hero that she already thinks you are. It's not about saving our world. It's about saving theirs." "Damn, that was a good speech." Scott complimented his speech. "Mr Lang, we need you to be the Ant-Man." I said.

Once Scott got suited up, we all headed upstairs to help him get used to the suit's technology. "In the right hands, the relationship between man and suit is symbiotic." Gramps said. "The suit has power. The man harnesses that power. You need to be skillful, agile, and above all, you need to be fast. You should be able to shrink and grow on a dime. So your size always suits your needs." Mom shuts the door. "Aim for the keyhole, Mr Lang." I explained. "You charge big, you dive small, then you emerge big." Scott made a few attempts, but every time, he'd crash into the door. We've been training Scott for a few hours. We reviewed the plan carefully.

When Mom and Scott came back inside, Gramps knew what he had to do. "Your mother convinced me to let her join me on my missions. They called her The Wasp. She was born to it." Gramps explains. "And there's not a day that goes by that I don't regret having said yes. It was 1987. Separatists had hijacked a Soviet missile silo in Kursk and launched an ICBM at the United States. The only way into the internal mechanics was through solid titanium. I knew I had to shrink between the molecules to disarm the missile. But my regulator had sustained too much damage. Your mother, she didn't hesitate. She turned off her regulator and went subatomic to deactivate the bomb and she was gone." "Grandma died a hero." I cried. "Yes, she did." Gramps replied. "And I spent the next 10 years trying to learn all I could about the quantum realm." "You were trying to bring her back." Mom sniffles. "But all I learned is that we know nothing." Gramps continued. "It's not your fault." Mom cried with a broken voice. "She made her choice. But why didn't you tell us sooner?" "I was trying to protect both of you." Gramps explained. "I lost your mother. I didn't mean to lose you, too." "I'm sorry." Mom cried. "Don't be sad, Mom." I said. "Gramps and I are here." "It's awesome, isn't it?" Scott asked. "You guys are breaking down walls. You're healing. It's important. I ruined the moment, didn't I?" "Yes you did." Gramps replied. "I'm gonna go make some tea." Scott said as I chuckled.

Scott was almost finished with his training, he just needed to complete the heist. While Mom and Gramps were on the radio with Scott, I was told to feed the ants.