Never Trust A Stark

Tony let us inside hesitantly. Scott began explaining to him about his theory of time travel. "No, we know what it sounds like." Scott stammered. "Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve asked. "Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition." Tony explains. "Can we agree on that?" "Thank you." Steve sighed, accepting a drink. "In layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." Tony continued. "I did." Scott said. "Surprisingly." I mumbled. "No, you accidentally survived." Tony sighed. "It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull a... What do you call it?" "A time heist?" Scott questions himself. "Yeah, a time heist, of course." Tony scoffed. "Why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable. Because it's a pipe dream." "The stones are in the past." Steve recalled. "We can go back. We can get them." "We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everybody back." Natasha said. "Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" Tony asked. "I don't believe we would." Steve replied. "Gotta say it. I sometimes miss that giddy optimism." Tony said. "However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise." "Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel." I explained. "It means, no talking to our past selves, no betting on sports events, cough. Mr Lang." "I'm gonna stop you right there, kid." Tony interrupted. "Scott, are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back to the Future? Is it?" "No." Scott replied. "Good. You had me worried there." Tony said. "Because that would be horseshit. That's not how quantum physics works." "Tony, we have to take a stand." Natasha sighed. "We did stand. And yet, here we are." Tony said. "I know you've got a lot on the line." Scott explains. "You got a wife, a daughter. But Brenna and I lost someone very important to us. A lot of people did. And now, now we have a chance to bring her back, to bring everyone back, and you're telling us that you won't even..." "That's right, Scott. I won't even." Tony responded. "I can't." "You can't, or you won't?" I asked. "You were lucky enough to even have a family." "Mommy told me to come and save you." Tony's daughter, Morgan said, jumping in her father's arms. "Good job. I'm saved." Tony replied. "I wish you were coming here to ask me something else. Anything else. I'm honestly happy to see you guys, I just..." "Tony." Steve said. "I get it. And I'm happy for you. I really am. But this is a second chance." "I've got my second chance right here, Cap." Tony sighed. "Can't roll the dice on it. If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch."

We followed Steve and Natasha back to the car. "I knew this was a bad idea." I recalled. "Well, he's scared." Natasha explains. "He's not wrong." Steve said. "Yeah, but, I mean, what are we gonna do?" Scott asked. "We need him. What? Are we gonna stop?" "No, I wanna do it right." Steve replied. "We're gonna need a really big brain." "Bigger than his?" I asked.

We met up with The Hulk, AKA, Bruce Banner at a nearby restaurant. However, he looked kinda strange. His Hulk form seemed off for some reason. "Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating here." Bruce said. "Try some of that. Have some eggs." "I'm so confused." Scott commented. "These are confusing times." Bruce explains. "Right, no, no. That's not what I meant." Scott said. "Nah, I get it. I'm kidding!" Bruce chuckled. "I know, it's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now." "How? Why?" I asked. "Five years ago, we got our asses beat. Except it was worse for me, because I lost twice." Bruce explained. "First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost, and then we all lost." "No one blamed you, Bruce." Natasha said. "I did." Bruce explains. "For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then, I started looking at him as the cure. 18 months in the gamma lab, I put the brains and the brawn together, and now, look at me. Best of both worlds." "Excuse me, Mr Hulk?" I young girl asked, handing her phone over to Bruce. "Can we get a photo?" "100%, little person." Bruce replied, taking the phone, about to hand it to me. "Come on. Step on up. Do you mind?" "No problem." I replied as Bruce gave me the girl's phone to take her selfie. "Say, green." "Green!" Bruce and the kids exclaimed. "Did you get that?" Bruce asked. "Yeah, I did. It's a good one." I replied. "Do you want to grab one with me? I'm Ant-Man." Scott offered, but the kids were confused. "They're Hulk fans. They wouldn't know Ant-Man. Nobody does." "Just take the phone." I said, giving the phone back as they thanked Bruce for the selfie. "Good try, buddy." "Bruce." Steve began. "About what we were saying." "Right. The whole time travel do over?" Bruce asked. "Guys, it's outside of my area of expertise." "Well, you pulled this off." Natasha said. "I remember a time where that seemed pretty impossible, too."