Grandma Scott

We grew the lab somewhere in the woods. We had to make sure that the tunnel wasn't damaged. "Bill is filling that girl's head with lies." Gramps said. "Elihas Starr was a traitor. He stole my plans. Now, bring it down. Alright, lock it in. Foster, he could've fried the entire system." "Look, we'll adjust the relays while you and Brenna reprogram the settings, alright?" Mom asked. "It's gonna be fine."

We started to power up the tunnel again, hopefully we get another message from Grandma. "System's in the green." I said. "Priming the coils." Gramps added. "Full charge." Mom said. "As soon as the tunnel's open, let us know if you get anything that could be a part of her message." "Yeah, yeah. I will." Scott responded. "Okay then. Here it goes." Gramps said, succeeding with powering up the tunnel. "We did it!" I gasped. "You got anything?" Gramps asked. "Nothing." Scott replied. "Well, just give it a minute because it could..." Gramps explained as the tunnel suddenly stopped. "No, no, no!" Mom shouted. "What's happening?" Scott asked. "It's shutting down. Maybe our vectors are off." Mom explains. "We've gone over them a million times. I know they're right." Gramps argued. "What else could it be?" I asked. "I don't know!" Gramps shouted. All of a sudden, Scott came over to the dashboard to mess around with the tunnel. "Scott, what are you doing?" Mom asked. "Scott, get away from that!" Gramps snapped. "Mr Lang, you can't..." I said. "I'm sorry. I don't know how much time I have." Scott explained. "I need to fix the algorithm. Trust me, after 30 years down here, I've thought about it a lot." "Mom, Mr Lang is scaring me!" I exclaimed. "Janet?" Gramps asked. "Hi, honey." Scott replied, turning to Mom. "Oh, Jellybean." Okay, did Grandma find a way to possess Scott? "Mom?" Mom asked. He kneels down to me next, or rather, Grandma did. "Hi, Grandma. I'm Brenna." I cried. "Wow! You look just like your mother, sweetie." Grandma complimented. "Sorry, that's not the reunion I'd imagined. It's all so rushed. You three have done such great work. You just need a little nudge." Grandma ran to my laptop to fix the coding. "Janet, how is this possible?" Gramps asked. "It wasn't a message you put in Scott's head, it was an antenna." Mom said. "Clever girl." Grandma complimented. "I'm so proud of you." "Honey, tell us where you are. Tell us how to find you." Gramps begged. "No, the probability fields are too complex. That's why I needed to talk to you. You have to follow my voice." Grandma explained. "Of course!" Gramps gasped. "Like tracing a call back to its source!" I exclaimed. "I'm tracking your signal using subatomic frequencies between point two and point nine." Gramps said. "I'd narrow it to four and six." Grandma warned. "That's too tight." Gramps explained. "We could miss you." "Look at us squabbling again." She chuckled. "Fine, alright, between three and seven." Gramps said. "Our first fight in decades and it's over just like that." Grandma teased, getting us her exact location. "Bullseye." "Source lock." Mom said. "It's you!" Gramps exclaimed. "We got it!" I gasped. "You have to meet me at these exact coordinates." Grandma explained. "In the wasteland beyond the quantum void. It's very dangerous, especially on the human mind, so be careful. Time and space work very differently down here. You have two hours. After that, the probability fields will shift and it'll be another century before they align like this again." "We'll find you." Mom said as Grandma kissed her forehead. "I know you will, Jellybean." She smiled. That was the last thing she said before Scott regained control of his body. "Nope." Scott said. "Nothing, I got nothing. No sign of Janet. Perfect. How'd we get up here?" Scott and Gramps looked down to see that they were holding hands.

We got our transport ready for the tunnel. "At first, you're gonna see all kinds of lights, and it's gonna get really trippy, but then it's gonna turn black and silent. Really silent." Scott explains. "Scott, I'll be fine." Mom reassured him. "I'm just saying, because I've been down there." Scott said. "So, you've mentioned." Mom scoffed. All of a sudden, Scott got another call from Luis. "I gotta take this." Scott said. "I'll be right back."

After Scott got off the phone, he approached us very nervous. "I feel like such a jerk." Scott said. "You're gonna be really mad. We gotta go now." "What?" I asked. "Ghost knows where we are. So does the FBI." Scott explains. "How?" Gramps asked. "I told Luis where we are." Scott replied. "You what?!" Mom snapped. "I told him to come here so I could help him with the Karapetyan proposal." Scott continued. "Look, we need to land that account. Otherwise we lose the business. Do you know how hard it is for ex-cons to find work these days?" "Jesus, Scott!" Gramps shouted. "And Gramps is pissed again." I sighed, about to power down the tunnel. "90 seconds to close the aperture!" Mom exclaimed. "You have to depolarize the coils first, Brenna!" Gramps explained. "I know!" I shouted. "I'm really sorry, but the FBI is coming to my place, so I have to go." Scott apologized. "I'm just gonna borrow the suit. I'll come back, just tell me where you'll be." "Don't bother." Mom grumbled. "We'll come and get the suit from you, as soon as we've found my mom!" "Hope." Scott said. "Scott, just go!" Mom shouted.

As soon as everything was taken care of, we needed to find a new place to hide. "Brenna, get in the van." Gramps ordered. "Hope, you get the lab." As soon as Gramps hit the remote to shrink the lab, we were surrounded by the FBI. "Hank Pym, Hope Van Dyne, Brenna Van Dyne, you're under arrest." After being arrested, we overheard someone say that the lab was missing.

In our cell, the only thing we could do was stay put and wait. "Agent Woo will see you in an hour." An agent said. "An hour? We don't have an hour." Gramps explained. "Oh, you got somewhere else to be?" He teased. After he left, Mom and I took a bobby pin and unlocked our handcuffs. "That's my girls." Gramps complimented. "Alright, what's our plan?" "To shrink that wall." I replied, taking a disc from my pocket. "It looks load-bearing. The ceiling could collapse." Gramps warned. "Then we run like hell." Mom said. "Now, I estimate 15 to 20 agents on the floor." Gramps estimated. "Roughly five times that in the building at large." I added. "And they're all heavily armed." "Not great odds." Mom said. "You got any better ideas?" Gramps asked. "Nope." Mom replied. "And I'm not giving up on Mom." "Neither am I." I said. "She'd be so proud of you both." Gramps commented. As I was about to toss the disc at the wall, Mom's suit enlarged on the table. "Scott?" Mom asked. "What are you three just standing around for? We gotta go find that lab." Scott explains. "What about us?" Gramps asked just as two FBI disguises enlarged in front of us. "Perfect."