The Abduction

It's been 2 years since Scott Lang defeated Dr Cross. We haven't seen him since then. There's a reason for that. Apparently, he was fighting some Avengers alongside Captain America. I'm not sure what happened, but since then, Scott was put into house arrest. Mom, Gramps, and I were figuring out a way to save Grandma in the quantum realm.

While working on a special side project in the lab, the phone began ringing. I checked the answering machine to see that Scott was calling. "Gramps! Phone!" I shouted. "Who is it?" Gramps asked. "It's Mr Lang." I replied. "Hell no! Brenna, don't you dare talk to that shithead!" Gramps exclaimed. "Let the damn phone go to voicemail." I waited to hear Scott's message. "Hey, Hank. It's been a while." Scott explains. "Um, I don't even know if this is your number anymore. And I'm probably the last person you want to hear from. But I just had a really weird dream. And I know that doesn't sound like an emergency or anything, but it just felt very real. I was back in the quantum realm, and I think I saw your wife. And then I was your wife. I mean, not in a weird way or anything. You know, hearing this out loud, I'm thinking it's not an emergency. I'm sorry to bother you. I'm sorry for a lot of things." "Mom? Gramps? Mr Lang left an important message." I explained. "You might want to listen to this."

Mom and I were asked to pick up Scott from his house during the night. I hacked his ankle brace to put it on one of the ants.

Once we got back in the car, Mom drove for a while before Scott woke up. "Hope? Is this another dream?" Scott wondered, barely awake. "Do you think it was a dream, or is it possible that you really saw my mom down there?" Mom asked. "I'm not sure." Scott replied. "Hey, Mr Lang." I greeted, jumpscaring him. "You're a very heavy sleeper." "I can't be here! I'm under house arrest!" Scott panicked, trying to get out of the car. "They won't open while the system is engaged, Scott." Mom explains, just as pigeons began pecking at our miniature car. "You have to take me home. They could show up any second!" Scott begged. "Relax, as far as your nanny cops know, you're still at home." I reassured him. "Antonio is wearing your brace. He's programmed to follow your daily routine. Nine hours in bed, five hours in front of the TV, two hours in the bathroom, whatever that's about." "That's totally inaccurate. And how do you know about my daily routine?" Scott asked. "Are you spying on me?" "We keep tabs on all security threats, alright? And so far, the biggest one we've had is you." Mom replied. "I'm sorry about Germany. They just showed up." Scott apologized. "They said it was a matter of national security that Cap needed help, so..." "Cap?" Mom and I chuckled. "Tain America. Captain America." Scott explains. It's what we call him if you're a friend. I'm not saying I'm a friend. I know him. He's nice. Whatever. I'm sorry! Alright? I didn't think I'd get caught." "You didn't think about a lot of things." Mom said. "How's Hank?" Scott asked. "We're still running. The house is gone, so is our freedom." I replied. "Yeah, he's pissed. You should've seen his reaction to your battle on the news. Priceless." "Brenna!" Mom scolded. "I'm sorry. I know you're mad." Scott apologized again. "We're not looking for an apology, Scott." Mom explained. "The only reason why we're even talking is because we need what's in your head."

The car grew back to normal as we showed Scott to our new lab, which is also where we've been living since we lost the house. "Is this where you're living?" Scott asked. "If you need help or money or something, maybe I can..." "We're fine." Mom interrupted as we reached the desired floor. The last thing Scott wanted to do was face Gramps, but he didn't have a choice. "Hey, Hank." Scott greeted. "Look, I just wanted to..." "Save it!" Gramps interrupted sternly. "Can we start?" "So, while you were relaxing at home, we were building this." Mom explains. "It's a tunnel to the quantum realm." "To my grandma." I added. "We think she might still be down there. We just don't know where." "What?" Scott wondered. "If we can pinpoint my mom's location, then the pod can take me down and get her." Mom continued. "You built all of this and you don't even know if she's alive?" Scott asked. "It's called a hypothesis." Gramps scolded. "Last night, we powered up the tunnel for the first time. It was overloaded and it shut down. But for a split second, the doorway to the quantum realm was opened." "And?" Scott asked. "And five minutes later, you called, talking about Grandma." I added. "We think when you were down there, you might've entangled with her." Gramps explained. "Hank, I would never do that. I respect you too much." Scott said. "Quantum entanglement, Scott." Gramps corrected. "We think she might've put some kind of a message in your head. Hopefully a location. And opening the tunnel must've triggered it." Mom explains. "Your mom put a message in my head?" Scott asked. "Come on, that's insane." "No, Scott. Insane is going to Germany without telling us, and fighting the Avengers." Gramps said. "Just tell me you weren't lying about the suit you took. Tell me you really destroyed it." "I destroyed it. I swear." Scott replied. "I can't believe you destroyed my suit!" Gramps complained. "That was my life's work!" "That's was his exact reaction to seeing you on the news." I chuckled. "What was I supposed to do?" Scott asked. "You were supposed to not take my suit!" Gramps shouted. "I'm sorry, Hank!" Scott begged. "I'm sorry I took the suit. I'm sorry that I called last night. I don't remember seeing Janet down there. I wish that I did. I just had a dream about her playing hide and seek with a little girl." Why did that sound familiar? Me, Mom and Gramps looked at Scott in shock. "What?" Mom asked. "I had a dream. She was playing hide and seek with a little girl." Scott explains. "Cassie and I do it all the time. Doesn't mean anything." "But was it Cassie in the dream?" I asked. "No." Scott replied. "Where was she hiding?" Mom asked. "The little girl. Where was she hiding? Was it in a wardrobe?" "No, it was in a tall dresser." Scott replied. "You mean a wardrobe." Gramps corrected. "Is that what that's called?" Scott asked. "What color was it?" Mom asked. "Red." Scott answered. "Were there horses on it?" Mom asked. "Oh, boy." Scott whispered, freaking out. "That's where I hid every time that we played." Mom explains. "It doesn't seem like you really got the gist of the game." Scott said. Mom, Gramps, and I smiled at each other. "She's alive!" I gasped, hugging my mom and grandfather. "I knew it. I knew it!" Gramps exclaimed. "We need to get that part." Mom said. "The sooner we get the tunnel working, the sooner we can get this message out of his head." "Does Burch have it?" Gramps asked, grabbing the rally case. "Yeah, let's go." Mom replied. "What part?" Scott asked. "Who's Burch? Wait. What's happening?"

We got outside of the lab to pick up the part for the tunnel. "We need a component to stop the tunnel from overloading again." I explained. "I grabbed your clothes. You might wanna change." Mom said, tossing Scott some clean clothes. Gramps switched out our car with a bigger van. "Look, I'd really like to help you, but if I'm not home when they come to take off my ankle monitor, then I'm going away forever." Scott explains. "Once we get the component and power up the tunnel, we'll get the message and have you home by lunch." Mom said. "We have to hurry. The entanglement won't last." "You owe us." Gramps added. "Alright, fine." Scott groaned. "But, can I just wait inside? Because I'm not supposed to be out here." With the simple click of a button, the lab shrank down to the size of a carryon suitcase. "Let's go." I said, getting the lab to the van as we drove away.