Chapter I: In the Beginning

Different

Different. Everyone was different, right? Even identical twins are different....then why do people treat you off for showing your differences?

Blair Willard has always embraced her differences. She wore rings on most of her fingers. Didn't plaster her face in makeup unless it wad eyeliner or a special occasion. And definitely didn’t bite her tongue to hold back insults or curses.

She was unique in her own way.

Not to mention having three fathers.

Yeah, that part got most people. But she didn’t care what anybody said. She loved her family. She would kill for her family. She was always taught at a young age, nothing lasts forever and that includes having family.

Going to Beauxbatons Academy for Magic meant a lot of stares and a lot of people talking behind her back. But Blair did have one friend.

Terrance Readings.

Another unique soul that attended the 'proper' crowd. Terrance, or Terry to Blair, embraced his differences. Didn't care when people would call him a fag or told him his mother wouldn't be happy with him. He had Blair and her rather large family, and that's all he needed.

"Did you know a chef's hat is just a way to brag about the many ways they can cook an egg?" Terry questioned as he sat next to Blair at dinner. It was only a few weeks into the school year and the two rarely left each others sides.

"I can only make scrambled." Blair muttered as she pushed her carrots around on her plate. Terry shook his head letting a small laugh out.

"Well, you don't really get the opportunity to learn new ways with all of your parents. Papi Pads is always cooking something up." Blair bleched at the small flirt towards her father, rolling her eyes before sending a playful glare towards her best friend.

"Better than you trying to cook. Need I remind you of the cake fiasco?" Terry frowned as he turned his own glare onto the girl.

"I was trying to be nice! It wasn't my fault I couldn't find the sugar! Prongs puts everything in the weirdest of places." He mumbled before shoving a forkful of mashed potatoes into his mouth.

Blair laughed at him as he choked a bit on the oversized bite he took. Pushing his goblet of mango juice towards him.

"You used a whole bag of flour in its place. I don't think the Sahara Desert is that dry." She said once he quit coughing.

"Well next time I won't try to bake you a cake for your birthday." He huffed after placing his juice down. People were glancing over at them for his coughing episode. Grimacing at his stare back.

"I'd appreciate that, truly." Blair joked in all seriousness. Her fingers rolling a ring on her thumb that looked like arms hugging her.

"So rude." Terry muttered before pushing his plate away from him. "Do you think we'll get to go to this tournament thing? I hear its being hosted at Hogwarts this year." He thought outloud. Blair glanced up at him.