Chapter XIII: Dating Alternatives

The next day at breakfast, Blair had just blurted out what had happened last night to Terry

"They kissed you!?" Terry exclaimed in a mixture of shock and excitement for his friend. His eyes wide and bugging out at the thought of his friend living a bit.

"Well, George did." Blair sighed, lifting a piece of buttered and jammed toast to her lips to take a bite. Terry reached over the table and smacked the toast out of her hand before it could get past her lips.

"Hey!!" She snapped with a frown at the toast that was now upside down on the table.

"George Weasley kissed you and you're acting like it was nothing." Terry pointed out with a look of annoyance. Blair raised her brow at him, pursing her lips in thought.

"And I kissed you in second year. Your point?" Terry grimaced at the reminded of his best friend kissing him. A way to prove that he wasn't gay- although he was- when everyone was making fun of him. Blair stepped up to kiss him so he didn't have to come out before he was ready. It was part of the story of how they became best friends.

"Don't remind me. I still can feel your chapped lips." Terry joked causing Blair to kick her leg out at him and hit him in the shin. "Ow!" He huffed.

"I barely touched you." Blair laughed before picking up her toast again. "Besides, I have something a bit more odd about last night." Terry sighed, rubbing his shin.

"The shadows." He filled in. "So what? You saw some swirly shadows at night, I don't get how it is odd." He said as he reached over and grabbed a slice of turkey bacon from the serving plate. "It was dark out, wasn't it? Shadows are part of the dark." Blair shook her head after biting her toast, chewing it and washing it down with some water.

"It wasn't shadows from the moon or anything." Blair said once she had cleared her throat. "I don't- I don't know what they were. But I saw what looked to be flashing lights within the shadows- like spells being tossed back and forth." Terry looked at Blair, processing what she had said. Taking the time to take a sip of his drink before making a tsk sound from parting his lips.

"Do you think you were having a vision?" He questioned slowly and in a more serious voice than Blair was used to.

"How could it be a vision when it was like looking through a veil? Blurred shadows.."

"Nobodies gifts are the same, Blair." Terry started, his finger tracing over the rim of his goblet. "Your mother used the old fashioned ways since thats how she learned in the books. But you're not your mother." He pointed out. Blair sighed, lowering her head.

"I know I'm not. But- I don't know if I want this to visions." She admitted. "It was- it was like watching a war unfold. Like I was wearing a thick veil like a bride and everyone was fighting around me..." Terry reached over and grabbed her hand in a soothing way.

"Maybe we should go see Dumbledore and your mum." He offered, but before Blair could agree or disagree, Harry sat down next to Blair.

"Whats going on with you?" He questioned outright. Blair turned her head slightly to glare at the fourteen year old.