Chapter XIV: Calchas

The next day, Blair found herself in Albus Dumbledore's office

The next day, Blair found herself in Albus Dumbledore's office. Sitting in the chair in front of his desk as the man himself was smiling at her. She had already written to her mother who was staying outside of Hogsmeade in a small skirting area with her fathers. Not wishing to be too close to Dumbledore at the very moment because of some disagreement between the two.

"Ms. Willard." Albus greeted as he pushed a bowl of what looked to be licorice towards her. Blair raised her hand, declining the man before sitting upright more.

"Sir, No offense, but I'm not really here for a snack that bites at me." Blair commented, looking at the bowl of snapping candy. Albus smiled, nodding.

"Very well. Can't say I blame you. Just last year it bit your brother." He admitted with slight amusement. "Now what is it you wish to talk to me about? Is this concerning your brother in the competition?" He questioned. Blair shook her head.

"Not particularly, no. I think he can handle himself- although that new professor you enlisted for a year stands a bit questionable."

"I know about Mad Eye. And he will be taken care of when the time comes." Albus nodded. Blair knew that alone would have set her mother off on him. He knew that a man was impersonating his friend. Possibly a bad person wishing to attack her brother. But Blair took a deep breath. Priorities. She wouldn't let something get to her brother. And she had to hope that would be enough for now.

"I saw something the other night- outside of our carriage." Blair said carefully. Albus raised a thick white eyebrow at her in curiosity.

"And why have you decided to come to me about this? Why not Madam Maxime?" He questioned. Blair closed her eyes, taking another breath.

"She wouldn't help me, sir. She hates me." Blair said, reopening her eyes. Albus frowned slightly before nodding.

"And what did you see last night, Ms. Willard?"

"Shadows." She started. "And not the kind that normally are visible because of the darkness. These were different. Like I was looking through a veil of sorts."

"A veil? Am I to assume this is a vision?" Albus asked, unsure of what Blair had even seen.

"I-I don't really know sir. I don't even know what I was seeing. But it was in real time- like there was a thick veil between now and then, whenever then is." Blair explained. Albus nodded, clasping his hands together on his desk as he took in what he was hearing.

"Tell me, Ms. Willard, have you looked into your heritage fully? The books on Mopsus are a fantastic read." Blair furrowed her eyebrows at the headmaster in front of her.

"I mean- I was told about how I was related to him by my mother. But I never read the books on him, no." She admitted. Albus nodded before standing up slowly and moving towards a large bookshelf before reaching for a book. A hum came from the old man as he dusted some of the dust off of it before he turned back to Blair and walked over to her, holding the book to her.