Chapter 7

James' P.O.V.

"Come on Cami, you can do it" I said as I held onto her tiny hands and walked backwards with her slowly following. "She'll start walking when she's ready honey, you can't force it" mom chuckled from the couch where she was reading her book. It was the weekend, and summer time, meaning everyone was at home. Oliver and I had just finished filming the second Harry Potter movie so we had a lot of free time.

"I know, I know. I just feel like she should be walking by herself now, that's all" I sigh before sitting down next to her. "Every kid works at their own pace" she said as she patted my leg.

After sitting and playing with Cami for a while, I went into the kitchen to start making her some lunch. "Ok Cami, time for lunch" I said as I picked her up and put her in her high chair. When lunch was over I brought Cameron into the living room again "hey Oli, could you watch Cami for 10 minutes while I go have a shower?" I asked Oli as I placed Cami down on the living room floor "of course, I'd love to watch the princess" he smiled up at me from the couch. After my shower and getting dressed I heard Oli call for me "James! Come quick! Cami is standing up" I ran down the stairs and saw that she was standing in the middle of the living room. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked gently as I sat down on the floor about 5 feet away from her, holding out my hands just hoping that she's walk towards me. Slowly but surely she took a few steps towards me, after a few seconds of her slowly walking she finally made it to me "I'm so proud of you Cami! You walked!" I said excitedly as I picked her up and hugged her. Everyone else came over to praise her for walking "I guess we're really going to have to be on the look out for her now that she's more mobile" dad laughed "yeah, I guess so" I smiled.

The rest of the day was spent with Cameron doing her best to toddle between Oliver and I. After dinner was over I gave Cami a bath and put her in her pyjamas "dada? Up" Cami said as she walking up to me with her hands up, ready for me to pick her up. I picked her up and put her on my hip "are you ready for bed princess?" I questioned "yeah, sleepy" she yawned as she put her head on my shoulder "ok, come on then" I said as I brought her towards her crib.

Once I put her down I went to the living room to watch a bit of tv with Oliver. After about an hour or so of watching tv I finally went to bed, it's been an exciting day knowing that my little girl is finally walking.

(A/N: hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please keep in mind that I'm from Canada so if I get anything wrong please let me know and I can fix it. Until then, please vote and comment telling me what you think. I'm also really sorry that some chapters are a bit shorter then others, I am going to do my best with making them longer in the future)