Chapter 11

James' P.O.V.

It was a few months after Oliver and I graduated high school. We both had enough money so we decided to get an apartment together, so right now we're in the process of moving out of mom and dads house and into our own place. Cameron also just had her 4th birthday a few weeks ago and she'd be starting school in the fall.

Oliver and I got a place that had 3 bedrooms, so Cameron can finally have her own room. "Ok princess, what colour do you want to paint your room?" I asked as we were in the paint section of B&Q "I want blue" she said as she pointed to a light sky blue "ok, we'll get that one then" I smiled as I grabbed the colour card and brought it over to the counter to get a gallon of paint.

The rest of the day was spend setting up her room a little bit, covering her things with protective plastic so we could paint her room tomorrow. Cami would be sleeping in my room for a few nights while we got her room painted and all the toxic chemicals were no longer in the room.

The next morning I woke up to Cami jumping on the bed. "Come one daddy! It's time to get up!" She yelled "ok, ok. Just give me a second to wake up first love" I laughed before ticking her sides, causing her to fall down on the bed beside me and to start giggling like a mad man. "Do we get to paint my room today daddy?" She asked before shovelling some pancakes into her mouth "of course!" I told her before sitting down with my food and started eating with her.

Once we were done eating Cami, Oliver and I started painting her room. We stopped around lunch time to have a small bite to eat "here you go love" I said as I put a grilled cheese sandwich in front of her "thank you daddy" she smiled before taking a bite. After lunch I left Cami to play in the living room to play with her toys while I put another coat of paint on the walls. I didn't want her in the room right now, I didn't want her getting sick because of the chemicals that were in the paint.

It's been a few days since we painted Cami's room and she was finally going to be sleeping in there for the first time. "Daddy?" Cami looked up at me in the mirror as I brushed her hair before putting her to bed "yes my love?" I answered "what if I don't like my new room? What if I get scared?" She wondered. I stopped brushing her hair for a second before answering her "well, I think you'd like it. I know you're used to sharing a room with me, but now you get to have your own room where you can keep all of your toys and teddy's." She nodded her head before hopping off of her stool that was in front of the counter "ok love, I'll see you in the morning. If you need me at all during the night I'm right across the hall" I told her as I pulled her blankets up to her shoulders and kissing her forehead "ok, good night daddy. I love you" she smiled at me "I love you to princess" I say before getting up and turning off her light. I closed the door, leaving a small crack so some light went into the room.

I sat down in the living room and turned on the television. I know that the next few nights were going to be hard, especially with having Cami sleeping in her own room now. It's also going to be strange for me not having my daughter sleeping in her little bed in the corner of my room anymore.

Thankfully that night she slept well, only waking up once to go to the bathroom and to ask for a drink. "Good morning daddy" she said she she climbed up onto the couch beside me "good morning princess, how was your first sleep in your big girl room?" I asked before kissing her head "it was good. Better then I thought" she smiled "good, I'm glad you liked it" I told her, genuinely happy that the first night was easier then expected.

Now that she's been settled into her room it was time to get her into that mind set of going to school, since she's going to start school in September.

(A/N: hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please vote and comment telling me what you think)