Chapter 27

Cameron's P.O.V.

I got out of Jackson's car as fast as I could before making my way into the house. I got inside and I put my back against the now closed door and slid down, now sitting. "Cami? What's going on?" Dad asked as he came out of the kitchen. I knew he heard me come in, but was confused on why I didn't come in farther then the door. "Oh honey" he said as he saw my tear stained face, he quickly came over to where I was sitting and sat down beside me, pulling me into a hug. "He broke up with me" I said as I cried into his chest "I know baby, it's ok, just let it out" he said as he continued to rubbed my back, allowing me to cry as much as I needed to.

"I know this is hard babe, but things will be ok" he told me once I started to calm down "but that's the thing dad, nothing is ok, everything is broken" I sniffed "I know you think that. And I understand, this is your first heart break. But it's going to be ok, I'm here" he said, I felt more tears running down my face as I put my head back on his chest, he put his arms around me and held me in a tight hug. "Let's go over to the couch, it'll be more comfortable" he said as he helped me up and brought me over to the couch.

"What happened?" He asked after a few minutes of silence "we went out to get some coffee and we started talking about the problems we've been having lately, I thought that they were just small things that could be fixed. That they were an easy fix. But I guess I was wrong. He said that he wanted different things then me, even though he said he wanted the same things I did a few weeks ago" I told him, using my sleeve to wipe my snotty nose "oh honey, I'm sorry. I know this isn't easy" he said "how about we go over to the shops and get some snacks. And when we get back we can watch some of your favourite movies, and then we can get some take away for dinner?" He asked, a hopeful smile on his face "yeah, I'd like that" I smiled for the first time that morning. "Good, let's go" he said as he stood up and held out his hand for me to grab.

We got into the car and made our way over to the shop and got a lot of comfort foods. When we were done, we put our bags in the boot of the car and made our way home. "I'm going to put the ice cream in the freezer, go sit down and pick us a movie" he told me, I nodded my head before walking back into the living room, I picked a movie and waited for him to come back. When he came back into the room, I saw that he had gone to our rooms and grabbed a bunch of pillows and blankets "what's this?" I asked as he dropped everything on the ground "we're building a fort like we did when you were a kid" he told me, making me chuckle. The fact that he was trying so hard to make me feel better, made me feel so much better.

I got out of bed in the middle of the night and made my way to the kitchen to get a cup of water. It's been about a week since the breakup, I was doing a bit better, but things were still really hard. As the glass was filling up I looked outside and saw dad sitting out there with his telescope. I finished my cup of water before slipping on a pair of shoes and grabbed a blanket an wrapped it around my shoulders before grabbing another blanket for dad and then made my way outside and sat down beside dad. "Here" I whispered as I handed him a blanket "thanks love" he said as he took it and put it over his lap.

"What are we looking at tonight?" I asked him after a few minutes of silence "Saturn" he told me as I got up and looked into the telescope "cool" I smiled and sat back down. "How are you doing?" He asked "things are still hard, but I'm doing a bit better then last week" I told him as I put my head on his shoulder "I'm sorry that this heartbreak is hurting you so much love" he whispered before kissing the top of my head. "Me to, it sucks" I told him sadly.

We spent the rest of the night sitting outside looking up at the stars and talking about anything and everything.

(A/N: hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please vote and comment telling me what you think)