Chapter 8

James P.O.V.

I woke up in the middle of the night to hearing Cameron fussing and making some noise. I got up and went over to her crib "what's going on love? Why are you up" I ask quietly "I yucky daddy" she told me as she rubbed her eyes "what do you mean you're yucky?" I asked as I rubbed her hair, quickly putting my hand on her forehead to see if she has a temperature, which she did "yucky daddy" she whined again, this time putting her hands up towards me so I could pick her up. I put her on my hip and brought her the the bathroom so I could grab her some baby medicine "here love, you gotta take this" I said as I put the syringe of medicine into her mouth. I brought her back into my room and put her on my bed, bringing the blanket up over her before I got into bed beside her "go to sleep love, you'll start feeling better in the morning" I kissed her head.

I woke up the next morning with Cameron still sleeping beside me, her cheeks red from her fever. I got up and made my way to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. I sat down at the table and ate my breakfast, which was just some eggs and toast. After sitting alone for 20 minutes Cami came into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes and holding her teddy bear I got her when she was born "you left" she mumbled as she put her arms around my neck when I picked her up "well I had to get up and make us some breakfast didn't I?" I questioned "not hungry" she mumbled "well you gotta eat something love, you'll feel better" I told her, hoping she'd eat some eggs. She nodded her head no again so I just left the conversation for later.

"Daddy" she mumbled again as she came up beside me again "what's up baby?" I asked as I picked her up "I hungry" she told me, putting her head on my shoulder "ok, want me to make you some eggs?" I rubbed her back "yeah" she mumbled again. I laid her down on the couch and put a blanket over her while I walked back into the kitchen to make her some eggs. "Here you go baby" I said as I walked into the living room with her eggs "thanks daddy" she said with a small smile.

Later on in the day I had to go out and do a few things, so I left Cameron at home with mom and dad while I went out. When I was done with the few things I needed to do, I got back to the house about two hours later "daddy" I heard Cami shout, I quickly made my way over to the couch to see her laying there watching cartoons "hey princess" I smiled as I sat down beside her and rubbed her back "why did you leave me?" She wondered "I'm sorry princess, I had to do some running around to do" I told her with a small smile "peas don't leave me" she mumbled, adorably miss pronouncing 'please'. I smiled down at her again "I promise" I say as I kissed her head and then heading into the bathroom to grab her some more medicine.

Once dinner was over, I brought Cami upstairs to go to bed. "Daddy, your bed" she mumbled onto my shoulder "what about my bed princess?" I asked as I sat her down in her crib "I sleep in your bed?" She asked as she lifted her head a little bit "well, how about you sleep here for a while to see how you feel? If you wake up in the middle of the night you can come and sleep in my bed" I told her. She slowly nodded her head as she laid down, I put her blanket up to her chest, I was praying that she could get some sleep. I made my way to the living room for a while before making my way back to my room so I could go to bed. Once I brushed my teeth and got into my room I went to bed, hoping to get a little bit of sleep before Cami wakes up again.

In the middle of the night I heard a little bit of movement before I felt Cami climb up into my bed. After she got settled I felt her curl up into my side and fall asleep for a little while longer before she woke up and needed some more medicine.

A few day after of Cameron being sick she was finally starting to feel better, thank goodness. "How are you doing today princess?" I asked once she woke up and came into the kitchen "fine, still sleepy" she said as I helped her up onto the chair beside me at the table. I put my hand on her forehead to see if she still had a temperature, and thankfully her fever had finally broke.

Having a sick kid is never fun, especially when she's sick for the first time. But I'm just happy that she's finally feeling better and isn't sick anymore.

(A/N: hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please keep in mind that I'm from Canada so if I get anything wrong please let me know and I can fix it. Until then, please vote and comment telling me what you think)