Chapter 30

Cameron's P.O.V.

The last few days I've had a small cold, but it had taken a turn for the worst and turned into a bad flu.

I slowly got up and made my way to my car, driving over to dad's house. I parked in the driveway and made my way towards the front door, I grabbed the spare key from my key chain and opened the front door before stepping in and closing the door again, I ran over to the bathroom, emptying what ever was left in my stomach, when I was done I flushed to toilet and walked over to the sink, washing out my mouth. I slowly walked into mom and dad's room, going over to dads side of the bed, I gave him a little nudge "move over" I whispered as he shifted and moved over a little bit. I got under the covers and curled into his side, trying to get as much comfort from my dad as I could, quickly falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The next morning I heard mom moving around, most likely getting ready for work. I heard her stop next to the bed and the sound of her camera going off. I groaned lightly as I stirred a bit "it's ok love, go back to sleep" she whispered as she kissed my head. I closed my eyes again and fell into another deep sleep for a while.

"Hey, wake up" dad said, gently shaking my shoulder "what" I asked, my voice raspy from the amount of coughing I've been doing "here. I need you to take some medicine and drink some tea" he told me, helping me sit up a little bit "when did you get here?" He asked "about 1:30 ish" I told him after I took the medicine "so you're clearly not feeling good and your first thought was to come here?" He chuckled "I've had a cold for a few days, it's started to get worse last night, so I thought I'd come see you and hopefully I'd get better. Whenever I get sick, you'd always helped me feel better" I said, finishing the tea and then laying back down and pulling the covers up to my chin. "Ok, get some more sleep, I'll come back to check on you later" he said "no, stay, please" I said as I grabbed his hand before he could walk away "ok" he whispered. He sat down on the bed beside me. "What about Megan?" He asked as I got comfortable and put my head on his chest "she'll be ok, she knows I'm here" I told him before yawning "ok" I could hear the small smile in his voice.

James' P.O.V.

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night to Cami coming into the room and telling me to move over. I shuffled over a bit so she could get in, I could feel the heat radiating off of her forehead. 'She's sick' I thought to myself before falling back asleep.

The next morning when I woke up I noticed that Annika was gone for work, leaving Cami and I home alone for the day. I carefully got up, made my way to the kitchen to make some tea. I stopped at the bathroom and went to the medicine cabinet to grab some medicine for Cami. "Hey, wake up" I said as I shook her shoulder, giving her the medicine and a cup of tea. "When did you get here?" I asked as I sat down on the bed next to her legs "about 1:30 ish" she told me after she took the medicine "so you're clearly not feeling good and your first instinct was to come here?" I asked again "I've had a cold for a few days, it's started to get worse last night, so I thought I'd come see you and hopefully I'd get better. When ever I get sick, you'd always helped me feel better" she said, finishing her tea and then laying back down and pulling the covers up to her chin. "Ok, get some more sleep, I'll come back to check on you later" I told her "no, stay, please" she said as she grabbed my hand before I could walk away "ok" I whispered. I sat down on the bed beside her. "What about Megan?" I asked as she got comfortable and put her head on my chest "she'll be ok, she knows I'm here" she told me before yawning "ok" I smiled lightly.

Cameron's P.O.V.

I don't know when I fell asleep again, but when I woke up I was still in dads bed. I looked around a little bit and notice that dad wasn't in the room, I got up and grabbed one of the throw blankets that mom and dad usually kept on the bottom of the bed and made my way down to the living room where I saw dad sitting on the couch. "Hey, what are you doing up?" He asked as I sat down on the other end of the couch "you left" I whispered, my voice failing me once again "I know, I'm sorry. But I got hungry and I didn't want to wake you up" he told me with a soft smile. it doesn't matter that I'm 19, if I'm sick I'll always need my dad.

(A/N: hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please vote and comment telling me what you think. I'm from Canada and not the UK, so if I mess anything up please let me know)