potato potatoh

"enid, you're cutting into my writing time."

  the blonde girl bites her lip nervously and nods her head, "i know i know!! i just, there's something i want to tell you."

  "i'm aware, you have stated that multiple times already but you won't tell me what it is." wednesday replies, seemingly somewhat frustrated with the girl.

  "okok! im sorry im sorry, it's just.."

  "spit it out already sinclair, i'm sick of waiting."

  "sorry!! it's just, i think go by she/they now!" enid spits out quickly.

  the pigtailed girl looks at her confusedly, "what ever do you mean?"

  the wolf takes a deep breath before saying it again, this time in a slower manor.

  "i think i go by she/they pronouns."

  the shorter girl still looks extremely confused, "enid, that doesn't make sense. that isn't grammatically correct."

  enid nods, "i know it doesn't technically make sense but you know, potato potatoh!"

  "that metaphor is a joke, nobody says potatoh."

  "oh c'mon wednesday! you know what i mean!!" the girl whines.

  "no enid, i do not."

  the blonde girl groans in frustration.

  "look! i know it doesn't exactly make sense grammatically, but it makes sense to me!! and i'd really like it if you could refer to me that way."

  wednesday slowly nods in response, ".. and how exactly would i do that?"

  the blonde squeals, clasping her hands together happily and doing a small little victory hop, knowing she somehow managed to convince the girl.

  "okay so basically! say uh.. you were talking about me with someone else."

  "i wouldn't do that."

  "god wednesday! will you just listen?!"

  the black haired girl doesn't respond after that, which enid takes as a sign to continue.

  "say you were to say like erm.. oh! say you were saying something about me going to the store! instead of saying 'she's going to the store, should i ask her to get you anything?' or whatever, you would say 'she's going to the store, should i ask them to get you anything?'" enid explains as wednesday nods along.

  "so it's.. interchangeable..?"

  "yes! exactly! or you could also change it every sentence like in one sentence you refer to me as she, and in the next you use they! it's really just preference!!" the blonde explains giddily.

  wednesday nods slowly, "is that it?"

  enid smiles at the girl, "yes, thank you."

  "and you're sure that's how you want me to refer to you?" the short girl double checks.

  the blonde nods in response.

  "okay." wednesday replies before walking over to her typewriter.

  enid skips over to her happily, wrapping their arms around the goth girl's neck and kissing her temple.

  "you have two seconds to get your hands off of me before i rip your limbs off one by one, sinclair." she warns.

  enid quickly pulls her hands away and whines.

  "god it's not fair!! thing gets to have his hand on you all the time, why can't i?!" they exclaim.

  "enid, thing is a hand."

  "that's exactly my point!!"

a/n: first one shot woop ! anyways if anyone has any requests or ideas drop them below pls🙏🙏

make sure to eat and drink water, im so proud of you:)