Perfect

(prom)

Soft slow music began to play and Cameron took my hand and walked me to the dance floor.

"I can't dance, you know that," I whispered.

He pulled me closer and kissed the base of my neck. "Just trust me, follow my lead."

I found a love...for me...darling just five dive right in, and follow my lead. I found a girl, beautiful and sweet. He kissed my cheek and swayed back and forth as the song continued.

He made sure to hold me up and keep me from falling.

"Listen to these words my love," he whispered, pulling my hips closer to him. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath but you heard it. Darling, you look perfect tonight.

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know.  I tripped over my own feet and stepped on both of his when I tried to steady myself.

"Shit, fuck, shit," I mumbled, walking on this poor boys feet. Every time I tried to get back on pace it got worse.

He put his hands softly on my face, "Just stop moving, and breathe." After I got back on my feet he kissed my cheek and began getting us back into the rhythm of the song.

"Trust me," he whispered. He took my hands and took a few steps back, Darling just hold my hand, be my girl I'll be your man. He pulled me to him, spinning me in the process and catching me in a weird dip. He kissed my lips softly and placed me back on my feet.

I looked at him stunned, "Woah."

He pulled me into a hug, his arms bear hugged around me as the song ended. He whispered the last line of the song into my ear, "Darling you look perfect tonight."

I stand in his arms for a moment then pulled away, "You're so cheesy," I laughed.

He poked my cheeks, "Glad I still make you blush, Miss Fisher."

***

Cameron carried me bridal style to his car, placing a small kiss on my head.

"You're such a simp," Noah laughed.

Cameron shrugged, sitting me in the car, "Okay, I don't know what you want from me, her little feet hurt. There is no way I am making her walk in heels when I can carry her."

Megan shook her head, "Dude, take notes."

I laughed and kissed Cameron's hand, "See I live miles and miles away, so he doesn't have a chance to get tired of me."

"I could never get tired of you," he whispered.

Ben rolled his eyes at us, "I am starving, can we go eat?"

"Waffle house!" Cameron yelled, getting in the car.

We drove on the winding road illuminated by the street lights. Cameron had his hand planted on my thigh, and I kept my hand on his to keep it there. I was exhausted and alive all at the same time. I hadn't had time to myself back in Boston. It was always running around for Jeremiah, or helping make sure mom had her meds filled, driving her to doctor appointments, filling in Conrad, and making sure he was doing okay in school. All of this on top of dealing with my own college stress.