Chapter 11

I haven't slept all night, my brain can't stop thinking about Dante, his face, his eyes, his smile

I haven't slept all night, my brain can't stop thinking about Dante, his face, his eyes, his smile... Everything about him has obsessed me since last night and I can't stop thinking about him since seeing him.

My anxiety and stress increase in my blood when I think about what he is doing or if he met Lilah at the gala. Would he be cruel enough to take Lilah from me? yes, he could totally do that. I feel like a hundred people live in my brain and all they do is ask questions without answer and think about Dante and I hate it because I shouldn't be affected by him as much.

My confused thoughts are quickly stopped by arms wrapping around me under the duvet and a kiss on my neck. "Bonjour chérie ,je suis désolé pour hier soir ... " (Good Morning darling, Im sorry for last night) Pierre whispers in my ear before biting it gently.

"Pourquoi tu m'as pas dit pour ton poste de CEO ? On est un couple , on devrait parler de ces choses ensemble"(Why didn't you tell me about your position as CEO? We are a couple, we should talk about these things together) is he serious right now? I just woke up and he's talking to me about work...
« Pourquoi ? Qu'est ce que ça avoir avec toi ? »(Why? What does it have to do with you? )

He sighs and takes his arms off around me " J'aurai pu prendre la place de CEO , j'étais comptable et toi t'es secrétaire donc je pense que je suis plus légitime que toi d'avoir ce poste !" (I could have taken the place of CEO, I was an accountant and you are secretary so I think I am more legitimate than you to have this position!) I simply decided to ignore it because since we are in New York he is annoying and embittered for no reason. I get out of bed and pull the curtains which causes Pierre to get up too.

"Keep Lilah for an hour or two, I need to go talk to Marc about getting my new job, thanks!" »I rush into the shower, take a very short time to get ready and go to join Marc at the company office.

I arrive at the office and open the door to see Marc examining the stack of papers on his desk. "Hello dad, did you want to talk to me? "He lifts his head and gives me a quick smile.

"I'm drowning in papers and work today" he takes off his glasses and gets comfortable in the chair. "I wanted to talk to you about a little problem we have with the new branch of the company here in New York" he sighs and hands me some papers.

"Okay, what's going on?" I settle into one of the armchairs in front of the desk and look at the papers in my hand. "The offices are not arranged yet and I need you to manage everything" I raise my head to look at him.

"What do I have to do ? And when?" He places additional documents on his desk. "You will have to temporarily move here in New York for a few months"

My thoughts are overwhelmed by Selena, how much she has changed but continues to obsess me, her smell that intoxicates my mind, her eyes that hypnotize me, her lips

After the events of last night I don't even know what to think. My marriage to Selena was surely one of the best things that happened in my life. But after what she did all my love was turned into disappointment and anger.

I haven't heard from her in 6 years and now I see her, boss of one of the biggest companies in the world, with a multi-billionaire father? I wonder what she's been up to in the last few years...

My thoughts are stopped by the door to my office, which opens and Luke comes in and sits in my chair. "What's going on in your little head, brother?" I roll my eyes because I know very well that he knows what or rather who I'm thinking about .

" What are you doing here ?"My boredom is increasingly felt by the amusement written on his face. "You knew where she was! What she does ! She was there! And you don't even bother to tell your brother that his ex-wife was in the same room!"

"First of all , I saw her just a few days ago, like you I didn't know where she was or what they were doing for the past few years. Second of all , I understand that you're my brother but you don't think that they didn't give news for six years because Selena didn't want to see you again! » What he says makes no sense, I should be the angry one who doesn't want to see her again, why won't she want to see me again? maybe her lies and her deceit embrace her...wait...

« who are 'they' ? » i ask him , I thought it was just a mistake, but when I saw the panic in his eyes and the little bead of sweat forming on his forehead, I knew he was hiding something about Selena from me.
« Luke! I'm talking to you! who are 'they' ? what are you hiding from me? » he takes a few minutes to answer me, clearly to invent a lie.

« Umh , Selena has... she has a boyfriend! yes she has a boyfriend... ! »Sometimes I wonder if we're really related.

"I know you're lying. I'm tired of this conversation, please Luke don't make it harder and tell me the damn truth!" he sighs before answering « I can't ... I think it's not for me to say ... by the way i have a hundred of things to do today so bye ! »he suddenly gets up from his chair and runs for the door .

« Luke, damn it come back here! I have a right to know, Selena is my wife! »but before I finish my sentence the door has already been closed. My frustration and anger are starting to increase more and more. He knows that it was Selena who cheated on me first but he continues to listen to nothing and to defend her.

I get up from my desk and stand in front of the window that overlooks an impressive view of the city. My thoughts start to flood again with memories with Selena, beach days on the west coast, the night walks....

Suddenly an idea comes to my mind and I press the intercom of my assistant "Kelly, call the investigator Coldman and tell him to be there in 10 minutes, thanks. »I'm going to going to find out whenever you are hiding Selena ....