Chapter 13

Disclaimer: Just a reminder that most Wattpad creators are not paid for their work, they do it because they like it and not because it's their job, so never rush anyone to finish a story or to update especially when you do it not politely and even if it's frustrating to wait for an update. Another reminder to say that if the characters's personalities and choices, or even the end of the story don't please you that doesn't mean that you can insult the author or the characters ( even if the characters annoyed the author too, we still created it so when you insult it, you insult all the work that we spent hours for). Thank you :)

 I get in my car back to the hotel, and I wonder how Lilah and Pierre will react to the news, we were supposed to stay in New York for a few days and now we will have to stay a few months for work

 I get in my car back to the hotel, and I wonder how Lilah and Pierre will react to the news, we were supposed to stay in New York for a few days and now we will have to stay a few months for work. Before even thinking too much, the car stops and I get out of it to head to the elevator of the hotel. The elevator goes up to the top floor and I enter a very silent hotel suite. I open the door to Lilah's room and see her calmly playing with her dolls on the floor. The opening of the door makes a noise and announces my presence to my daughter. "Mommy!" she runs and jumps into my arms and I squeeze her.

"I missed you my baby!" she comes down from my arms and gives me her pretty smile with her missing teeth." I miss you too Mommy! I played alone all day!" hearing that disappoints me from Pierre, he was here all day and he doesn't even play with her...."I have something to tell you, Do you want to hear it?" she nods her head from bottom to top quickly, waiting to hear the news."I have a lot of work to do here in New York so we're going to stay here for a few more months and we're going to live in a house that Grandpa gave us!" She remains motionless for a few seconds, the time to assimilate the news and then she starts to run in all directions, jumping and screaming with joy. "Yeah!" My smile grows at the sight of my happy daughter as she runs up to me and takes my legs in her arms.

"I'm going to see Auntie Stella and Uncle Lulu EVERY day! and I'm going to have my own room and a garden maybe?" she turns her head towards me waiting for an answer and I only nod at her questions to answer her. She bombards me with questions about the house, her school, and other things she'd like to do for several minutes."Start packing your bags because we're moving tomorrow morning! But for now let me tell Pierre the news while you continue to play quietly in your room, ok? " "OK!"I close the door to her room and finally put my bag on the couch before entering my room. I open the door gently and see Peter lying on the bed, his eyes closed.

I make a small place on the bed knowing full well that he does not sleep and runs my fingers through his short hair. "We need to talk about something." I can already feel his reluctance to talk to me, I do not know why he reacts like that but since we arrived in New York he is particularly annoying and before I did not say anything but now he begins to annoy me with his childish behavior. He rolls onto the bed, untying my hand from his hair and putting me facing his back. I sigh and pull myself up to sit on the bed "Pourquoi tu es toujours besoin d'être tellement immature ?" (Why do you always need to be so immature.?)

He turns around and now faces me."Commence pas une dispute que tu vas perdre et dit ce que tu as à dire directement !"( Don't start an argument that you're going to lose and say what you have to say directly) He rolls his eyes when he sees that I don't answer him and sits on the bed to listen to me. "Mr.Durand a dit qu'il y a beaucoup de travail à faire ici à New-York mais il doit rentrer à Paris donc on va rester plus longtemps ici ..."(Mr. Durand said that there is a lot of work to do here in New York but he has to go back to Paris so we will stay here longer...)He suddenly gets up and starts fake-laughing. "Tu rigoles là j'espère ? Parce qu'il est hors de question qu'on reste ici plus longtemps !"(You're kidding there I hope? Because there is no way we stay here any longer!) The tension in the room can be felt and I decide to get up from the bed too.

"C'est pas une blague et comme d'habitude je m'attendais pas que tu sois d'accord avec moi donc je pense que tu peux rentrer à Paris demain pendant que moi et Lilah resteront ici pour quelques mois si ça te vas ?" (It's not a joke and as usual, I didn't expect you to agree with me so I think you can go back to Paris tomorrow while me and Lilah stay here for a few months if it suits you)he walks towards me and grabs my arm violently. " Toi et ta fille ici alors que ton ex-mari te traine autour surement pas !Je te fais pas confiance autour de lui ou de son débile de frère !"(You and your daughter here while your ex-husband is dragging you around probably not! I don't trust you around him or his stupid brother!) I shake my arm and untie his hand around my arm. "Qu'est ce que je doit faire pour que tu arrete de te comporter l'enfant gaté que tu es !" (What do I have to do to make you stop behaving like the spoiled child that you are!) he seems to be thinking about what I just said, "Je veux un job dans nouvelle entreprise, madame l'héritière ." (I want a job in your new company, Madame the Heiress.) His emotionless face shows me without even asking that he is serious.  

"Je peux pas faire ça !" (I can't do that !)  he starts smiling mischievously and takes me in his arms before whispering in my ear "Sauf que t'as pas le choix cette fois ...Soit tu me donne un job, soit je fais de ta vie un enfer ma chérie !" (Except you have no choice this time... Either you give me a job, or I make your life hell my dear!)  Then he kisses me on the cheek and straightens up. I can't believe him trying to blackmail me to get a job, what a bastard! The next thing I saw is my hand connecting to his face with a painful slap and his cheek turned red on impact...

"N'essaye plus jamais de me faire ça ! Demain on démenage dans une maison pour y rester les prochains mois , si tu veux retourner à Paris je vais pas te retenir parceque franchement tu me m'énerve en ce moment !" (Never try to do that to me again! Tomorrow we move to a house to stay there for the next few months, if you want to go back to Paris I will not hold you back because frankly, you annoy me right now!) Then I leave the room without forgetting to tell him that he will sleep on the sofa tonight.