Chapter 3

Bonita by Mon Laferte

The next morning they all woke up to severe hang overs so bad that they had to order take out food for breakfast and then laid down for an extended amount of time. Chaeyoung had fallen asleep immediately after eating. She was going through the worst hangover out of the three of them. And the worst part was having to go to work in a few hours. Since it was summer time, she had picked up a lot of hours in order to make money for college.

"Chaeyoung" Chaewon gently woke her up. "You have to go home and get ready for work"

The girl groaned knowing she was right. As for Yunjin, she was too much of heavy sleepover to be woken up by the second tap and whisper. Chaeyoung looked at the time, 13:13 pm and she went in at four. By then, dinner had to be made. Her mom wouldn't be home to make it. It was up to her and so she stood up and gathered her things.

"Text me about tomorrow" Chaeyoung said to her. "And tell Yunjin..."

"Snoring isn't for cool people" Chaewon sighed knowing exactly what she would say. What she had been saying at nearly every sleep over. "I know you too well. Now get going, tell the twins I said hi"

Chaeyoung stepped out quietly as if that could ever wake Yunjin up. She sat in her car smoking a cigarette telling herself it needed to warm up... in the middle of summer. Half way through the cigarette she drove off throwing it out the window. It was a very warm and sunny day, she hated summer during the day, it always felt like a drag. But at night, it was an entirely different story.

"Hey boys!" Chaeyoung happily greeted her brothers. They were born as identical twins. 

"Chae" Timothy whined, he was six years old and only ten seconds older. 

"You're here!" Leo, short for Leonardo, threw himself into her arms.

Chaeyoung listened to them talk about the latest game or show or whatever interest of theirs. Though the boys were impatient to talk to their sister, they took turns letting each other talk. And their sister would happily respond having attentively listened to them.

"Wow that all seems so fun!" She would express. "I wish I was your age so we could be best friends in school"

"But we're still best friends" Leo looked up at her. "Best friends at home."

"Yeahhh" Tim agreed as if it had been the smartest thing ever spoken by his twin brother. "Chae we want your Mac and cheese today"

"Okay okay" the girl was already planning on it. "You got it Tim"

The boys continued to play with their toy cars making extremely loud noises. Chaeyoung put some music on as she put an apron that Leo had gifted her for Christmas. She always put her hair up and washed her hands before beginning. If her best friends were going to have her food, it was going to be of the highest quality possible.

"You say!" Chaeyoung began the song. "I'm the only one you need. And I know you, if you leave, my heart will bleed"

Chaeyoung loved cooking while listening to older music. It made her feel as if she was experiencing her personal cooking show. She sang and sang as she shredded all the cheeses and collected other things she would put in it. As the noodles boiled, Chaeyoung sat on the counter and read a book. A book she had been working on for far too long. She hoped to become the type of person who can sit and read a book for hours on end.

"Oh my stars" Leo exclaimed in joy. "This is your best one yet. It's so cheesy and crunchy"

Chaeyoung played with their hair before placing kisses on their for heads. "Okay, I need to get ready for work. I'll see you later, mom gets here at six"