Chapter 19

Superstar by Pretty Sick

When Mina's plain landed, she sent Chaeyoung a picture of the cherry blossoms flying around in the street lights. After that, she put her phone away with a smile and spotted her Uber that would take her home. It was unfortunate to Mina that her mom couldn't escape work in time to pick her up, she would've loved a late night meal after flying for half the day.

Chaeyoung hearted her picture the next morning and responded by complimenting the colorful fall scenery. Mina opened the message, grinned and walked with her mother as if she wasn't planning what to send next. That same night, Mina posted a few pictures on her story before going out with some old friends. In the morning she woke up to various DMs but only scrolled around to find Chaeyoung's praises.

Back at home, Chaeyoung was preparing for another night at work. She had been working for three days straight now. The only thing that kept her motivated were the dollar bills she could round up at the end of the night. On her phone, Chaeyoung kept a game open in the kitchen to fill all the empty time.

When her shift ended, she was lured into Yunjin's house where she was handed a bottle and ended up in the back of Nayeon's car. Chaeyoung looked around the foggy car and held her head looking out the rolled up window; it was all pitch black.

"Where are we going?" Her voice rose in between songs.

Keeho turned done the volume in the passenger seat. "We are getting some street hot dogs"

Her cheeks lifted. "Awesome"

A hot dog, two tacos and an edible later, Chaeyoung tippy toed back into her house landing on her bed by chance. Once morning welcomed her, she felt like one with the sun rays. Her alarm repeated with the heavy vibration against her night stand, the sound played as she brushed her hair and chose an outfit. She suffered to school with a migraine barely making it through first and second period.

By the time third came around, she was on her way home with an iced coffee in her cup holder. Once she got got in bed , Chaeyoung slept for four hours before leaving for work. As she drove there, she received a call that made the rest history; Chaeyoung rerouted her way to Jihyo's.

After putting in her PTO, Chaeyoung smoked the night away along her friends. There was a party they talked about, chatter regarding a get together with a pool, the club, Chaeyoung even heard about a rave in the mountains.

"Alright so the rave?" Nayeon's wild smile looked back at the rest.

"Yunjin" Chaeyoung immediately spoke up. "It's a Thursday night. How about we check out the pool party?"

Keeho and Nayeon both exchanged deep huffs before agreeing with the blonde. They headed towards the neighborhoods furthest from the mountains. A rural area with one story buildings or two story condos. The streets were thin, Keeho often had to move aside for other cars and vice versa

Once at the get together, Chaeyoung slumped down in a seat in between her two friends, she enjoyed some of the pizza and cold soda. In the background, loud RnB music boomed from two big speakers in the living room.  Eventually, Chaeyoung was lured out of the couch and into the kitchen where she found new faces.

With her friends, they floated around in the yard, kitchen, living room, and porch as they drank and smoked. When Chaeyoung looked at the faces, she couldn't help but feel an empty feeling in her stomach. The face she was searching for was nowhere to be found; when she took her phone out hoping for her name, her screen was blurred.

She silenced it, turned it off and slipped it into her back pocket. For the rest of the night, Chaeyoung got lost meeting new people as she multiplied her intoxication by the hour. She stayed near a friend at all times, towards the end of the night she found herself stuck to Nayeon's side.