Chapter 17

Rush by Twice

Chaeyoung woke up on Nayeon's bedroom floor next to Yunjin. Their snoring and heavy breathing filled the room, and soon after registering that, the headache came striking. She didn't know if to fight it and go back to sleep, or get up, throw up and take it from there. But, Chaeyoung didn't want to get up, she didn't want to think about anything. With Yunjin at her side, Chaeyoung felt comfortable in the warmth of their two bodies beneath the blanket.

If she were to wake up with vomit in her mouth, Yunjin would be up the next second alrwady taking care of the situation. And that's the moment Chaeyoung became covered with guilt all over. Her flowing blood ran cold as a heavy sigh escaped her nose and lips; Chaeyoung had been lying to her friends this entire time. And so the second Yunjin opened her eyes, Chaeyoung spoke.

"Yunjin!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

With a war like gasp, Yunjin's entire body jumped up her senses all coming to her at okce. "What? What?" She rose in panic.

"I have to tell you something" she whispered.

Her friend's head hit the pillow as if being carried by bricks. It became silent between them as Yunjin took a deep breath in and out recovering from the previous scare.

"What?"she dramatically groaned with her face in the memory foam pillow.

"I've been lying to you this whole time"

Yunjin's disheveled blonde hair covered her face as she turned her neck to face Chaeyoung. She wore last night's dress and all the sparkles from her make up and hair remained. "About what?" She managed to add emotion to her voice.

"I've been sleeping with Mina" Chaeyoung paused and began to form her words in a stutter. "Well, I was. For like weeks"

A groan erupted in the room. "Chaeyoung" Yunjin sighed.

"Chaeyoung" Nayeon rolled up towards their side and peaked her head over. She was met with the two girls sleeping on an air matress.

The dissatisfaction in their voices was more than apparent. So Chaeyoung continued, "We stopped like a week ago. It started after my birthday? Before? Definitely before my birthday"

Yunjin's face was back in her pillow, "I'm not having this conversation right now"

Chaeyoung didn't care and Nayeon hadn't budged.

"There was this moment last night where I lost you and I couldn't find you" the girl's tone had softened and Yunjin's blonde hair was back to covering her face as she faces the girl, "And I was so crossed dude" Chaeyoung lightly laughed.

"Did you sleep with her again?!" Nayeon exclaimed giving them all a booming headache.

The girl groaned. "No, it's a long story"

"I also have tea" Yunjin muttered

In a matter of minutes, they all made their way towards the living room where they sat a Gatorade in hand as water boiled. Each of them wrapped in a blanket bringing their knees as close as they could. On the couch in the warmth of each other and their green teas, they debriefed every thing bringing in all the backstories and gossip.

Once it was Chaeyoung's turn, she told them about the endless nights she spent with Mina. She told them about all her gifts and conversations, all their laughs and fights. Chaeyoung told them about how warm she can be, how completely unreal she is. Eventually she ended it by telling them about their screaming match outside.

Both of her friends were in disbelief. Chaeyoung had not only been lying to them, she had also gotten away with it too easily. In the midst of her story telling, she slipped in the horrifying interaction clarifying she couldn't have bumped into Mina other wise.