Chapter 2

"GO!" Marvin snapped at them. Which he never snapped at anyone.

"Look, we can still make it out of here together, if you just---"

Marvin suddenly took out his gun and point it at Leon.

"It's too late. I tried Leon....But I couldn't stop it. we can't let this thing spread. It's on you and Belle now. Just go." Marvin said.

Belle felt tears running down on her cheeks, she then kneeled in from of him.

"I can't..."

"Listen Belle, I want you to go with Leon. Find your parents and stay alive. No matter what happens, stick to Leon." he said.

Belle sobbed and nodded.

"And remember your training." Marvin said.

"I...I got it." Belle cried.

"Leon, take care of her." Marvin said.

Leon nodded. "I understand."

Belle felt a hands on her shoulders. Leon helped her up and went to the exit.

"I won't let you down, Marvin."

Belle leaned onto the desk and held her tears. Marvin was like a family member and now he's gone. Leon looked at her worried, which she noticed.

"I'm fine. I just need a moment." Belle said.

"Okay....I'll be over there in that corner." Leon said.

Belle wanted to laugh at Leon, but at this state, she needs to collect her thoughts.

Leon found some supplies and he took a peck at Belle.

He couldn't have his eyes off of her beauty.

"Leon."

He got startled and turned his attention to her.

"Yeah?"

"I better give this to you, before I forget. When you left, I found some shotgun ammo, you might need it." Belle said.

"Thanks." Leon smiled. Their hands suddenly touched each other, feeling butterflies in their stomachs. But at a time like this, there's no time.

"Ready?"

Belle nodded. "Ready."

They continued to walk down the stairs and it was quiet between the two of them.

"So...what made you think become a cop?" Leon asked, breaking the silence between them.

"I wanted to protect the people I love. But sometimes I wanted to be a bartender too." Belle replied.

Leon chuckled. "A undercover cop."

"That's what my mom told me." Belle giggled.

"You know, you can do whatever you want. Do whatever you're interested in." Leon said.

Belle just gave him a warm smile.

"You know, this apocalypse thing going. I always thought this only happens in the movies." she said.

Again, Leon chuckled. "Well, it's happening now."

"I probably jinxed it. Me and my big mouth." Belle muttered.

Cute. Leon thought.

They spot a room and one of the cabinets are covering the door. Belle was about to move it, but Leon stopped her.

"I'll do it."

"Alright then, hero." she said.

Leon grabbed the cabinet and moves it out of the way. He goes in first, about the turn the corner.

"What the---" A massive, mutated monster comes out, it swings at Leon, and he fell over the ledge.

"Leon!" Belle called.

"Belle! Watch out!"

Belle quickly turned around and face the monster. It was about to hit her, but she jumped down the ledge. The monster also followed.

"Words won't work on this thing." she said.

"You think?" Leon said.

The monster roared and started to come forward.

"I think we should split up. I take front and you take his back side?" Belle suggested.

"What? No, I don't think s---"

"No time, Leon!" Belle started to shoot as Leon ran behind the back of the monster. As the monster was distracted by Leon, Belle took out her knife out and jumped on the monster. She strike her knife on its eye and got off before she got hit.

"Leon! Aim it for the eye! It's his weak spot!" Belle exclaimed.

"Got it!"

Belle was running out of ammo and started to more in, but the monster swing at her. Making her back hit the wall.

"Belle! You okay?!"

Belle didn't answer. She carefully got up and waited for the monster to hit her again. But missed. She slides under the monster and ran to Leon.

"Leon!"

"Together on 3. 1,2...." The monster got a little closer. Leon was waiting for the right moment.

"3!" They both shoot at the same time. It made the monster stumbled back and fall to its death.

They both run up to the railing and look over, to see the massive monster, no where to be found. A metal ladder fall, making them both wonder.

"Somebody is watching us." Leon said.

Before Belle could speak, she groaned in pain. "You okay, Belle?"

"Yeah. My shoulder---"

"It's dislocated." Leon said. Belle groaned.

"Here. Relax, I'm going to find where it's dislocated at. It's going to hurt." he said.

"Go for it." Belle said and started to relax her body. Hearing the crack, she groaned again.

Leon made sure she's alright. Belle gave him a thumb's up.

"Let's get going."