Chapter 8

Belle followed Leon to where they supposed to find Ada.

They saw Ada, limping as she hacks a device to the elevator.

Leon held Belle hand gently, making sure she's there by his side.

"Belle, oh my god." Ada said, noticing her.
"I was just thinking about you." Leon said.
"That makes two of us. I was getting worried." Ada said.

"Y'know, we make a good team, but I gotta ask you something." Leon said.

"The way's clear. Please, tell me you got it." Ada said.

So, she's only cares about the virus...and not me? Belle thought. She slowly lets go of Leon's hand and rested her hand on her holster.

"Oh, I got it." Leon said. He don't sound happy. Who wouldn't?

"Let me verify the G sample and we'll get the hell out of here." Ada said as she held out her hand, hoping Leon would give it to her.

"Before we do that...we ran into Annette. She claims you're not FBI." Leon said.

Ada sighed and shook her head, with a smirk on her face.

"Oh, Leon." Ada scoffed and pulled out her gun.
"Why couldn't you just hand over the sample?" Belle pulled out her gun as well, aiming at Ada.

"Because I realized, as much as I wanted to trust you-I didn't." Leon said, also pulled out his gun and aim at Ada.

"I really hoped it wouldn't end up like this." Ada said.

"So that's all this was...we were just pawns to you?" Belle asked.

"Look, I'm just doing my job."
"And Leon and I are doing ours too. Drop the damn gun." Belle exclaimed, with a glare on her face.
"Hand over the sample, Leon. I don't want to hurt you or Belle." Ada said.

The building is about to self-destruct. The bridge is almost tearing apart.

"Then shoot me. But I don't think you can." Leon said. Belle quickly got in front of Leon and held her hands out.

"Shoot me instead, sis. Yes, I know we're sisters. But can you just think on what's more important?" She said. Ada stared at Belle, planning to shoot but Belle continued talking.

"All those years, sis. You've been looking for the G - sample instead of me. I was lost. I almost died if I wasn't found by my adoptive parents. But I was hoping if you would come and find me...but you didn't. Am I more important than the sample? Shoot me if you think the sample is more important than me." She said.

Ada held her tears as she looked at her sister. Her long lost sister. She looked into her eyes, thinking of shooting her, just to get the sample...but she couldn't. She put down her gun.

And out of nowhere, Ada was shot on the shoulder. Leon and Belle turned their backs and saw Annette, with her gun.

The bridge collapsed, making Ada fall.
"Sis!"
"Belle!"

Belle caught Ada's hand while Leon caught Belle's foot while the other hand held the bar. The sample somehow fell out of Leon's pocket and it was no where to be seen.

"No one gets that sample now." With that, Annette groans in pain, due to her injury, she's dead.

"Hold on, sis! I think I can-"
The bridge is nearly falling. Belle can't hold on much longer.

"Forget it." Ada said.
"Shut up, I got you." Belle said, tearing up.
"It's not worth it."

"Don't say that, sis. We just found each other and now you're leaving me again." Belle sobbed.