Chapter 3

"So, how are we going to find your parents?" Leon asked, as they climbed up the stairs.

"I don't know. I had a feeling if we keep going, I'm sure they'll pop out of somewhere." Belle replied. Leon helped her up, feeling the electric feeling between them. Belle thought about feeling but this is not the right time.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"Can I ask you one more question, Belle?" Leon asked.

"Sure." she replied.

"How you're adopted?"

"My parents found me in the orphanage. I was somehow dropped over there for protection. I don't know what, but when I turned 15. My parents showed me a picture. It shows my real parents and my sister." she replied.

"That's the only thing you have of them?" Leon asked again.

"Yeah. They also told me my real parents died, but my sister lived. I have a little memory of her, but...I just need to know why. Why didn't she come look for me." A tear fell on her cheek and Leon quickly wiped it.

"Sorry, Leon. I shouldn't be crying at a time like this." Belle said.

"It's fine. I'm sorry for asking questions." Leon said.

Belle slightly smiled. Noticing that, their faces are inches away from each other. Staring at each other's eyes. They were lost.

Belle cleared her throat, interrupting the moment. "Let's get going. We don't have much time."

_______________________________________________________________________________

They climbed to another metal ladder, and it led them to a garage. Leon helped her up and went kisok.

"Damn, it needs a keycard." Leon said.

"Well, we just need to find one." Belle said.

A growl was heard, when they turned around, they saw an infected dog coming towards them.

"Even dogs are infected too." Belle mumbled.

Dogs ran up to them and they both started to shoot, but one got on top on Belle.

"Belle! Hold on!"

Belle struggled and she used all her strength. She used her knife and stabbed on its neck.

She then got up and shoot the dog.

"Hey." Leon and Belle turned to the voice.

"Stay sharp." The women says.

"Leon!" Belle shouted as she saw the dog running to attack Leon. He shoots the dog, making the women come closer to him. Belle helped him up, making he's okay.

Leon made sure Belle's okay to, then looked at the women, aimed his gun at her.

"Lower it." She then swiftly pulls out a badge. "FBI."

Belle grew suspicious. She seems familiar with her. She doesn't feel dangerous nor an enemy.

"Sorry....Thank you---" another shot was heard, aiming at the dogs head.

"For your help." Leon said.

"Surprised you two made it this far." the women said.

So, she's been watching us. Belle thought.

"FBI, huh? What's going on here?" Leon asked.

"Sorry. That information's classified."

"Where are you going?" Leon asked.