Chapter 9

They continued on the road; Claire soon had left to set off to find her brother elsewhere that she believed Chris was. With promises to keep in touch. Now it's just Leon, Belle and Sherry.

"So, now what?" Sherry asked.

"We keep moving forward." Leon replied.

"Not sure if there will be another city for miles." Belle sighs.

Leon held her hands to give her comfort.

"At the moment, this is all we can do, and if a hotel is around, we can always get a room to rest." Leon explains.

"Yeah, you're right." Belle said.

In the end, it didn't turn out the way Belle expected, not long after they were picked up by the US government who had seems to take action on the outbreak. With no choice but to get on the chopper and wait for it to arrive.

Not a moment later, Belle was in a chair, alone. Leon was the same, but in a different room. Belle was nervous, not knowing what they will do.

Moments later, lights were on Belle and a camera....

"Did you have anything to do with what happened in Raccoon City?" a voice asked.

"What?! No!" Belle replied.

"You do realize we have the authority to do as we please with you? You, that man and the little girl" the voice said.

"Leave her out of this! She's just a little girl!" Belle pleaded.

"A little girl with the G-antibody...you even have the power to heal, which is very helpful to us. So, if you wish for this to work out peacefully. You have no choice...work for us." The voice said.

Belle thought for a moment. And sometimes she doesn't trust this voice that's talking to her.

"You sewar to me on your life, Sherry will be safe? I'm the only one she's got left." Belle said.

"We promise." the voice said.

"Fine...but only if you keep her safe. This girl has gone through hell, she deserves a normal life." Belle explained.

And from there, an agent for the US government came in. Belle followed the agent and the agent lead her to Sherry.

Sherry was first to react as she jumped out of her seat and ran to Belle. With the smile on her face, Belle crouched down and hugged her.

"I didn't know if you'd come back." Sherry said.

"I'll always come back, Sherry." Belle said, gently pinching her cheeks.

She giggled then saw Leon, walking over to her. Though Leon could only smile and brought Belle into his arms, hugging him back.

Belle pulled back and looked at Leon, waiting for his news.

"Did they ask you the same questions?" Leon asked.

Belle nodded. "Yeah, they did. I accepted it."

"Me too. Looks like we're stuck together." Leon said.

Belle smirked. "Can't get rid of me that easily, Kennedy."

Leon chuckled and shook his head. He loves Belle being beside him always, hopefully they would go on a date soon.

As long as I'm with you, I'll be fine, Leon. And our first encounter...was a hell of an adventure.