CHAPTER | 10 | CAUGHT IN THE ACT

Note: This chapter explains Mide and Stephanie's relationship, from the past to the present.

Thank you for 1k reads🥂💕

Flash Back

Everyone thought immediately Toke Ajirotutu married her billionaire oil and gas magnate husband George Makinwa, Stephanie would overthrow her position but no. No one can outdo Toke, no one does it like her, yet Stephanie envied her position.

Big Steph was her nickname, right from Year 9 to Year 12 in Edgewood British School, Lekki, Lagos. A popular socialite, who had it all, glory, fame, money and most of all the it boy, Ayomide Ajirotutu: her senior in school and her boyfriend.

Both love birds were the envy of all, every girl dreamt of having Stephanie's life, including snatching her boyfriend, every boy, especially the senoir boys wanted her as their babe, while the senior girls always had beef with her on Mide's issue, throwing shades and threats, even picking fights but unachievable for them, they were all beneath her league. Ayomide was hers and hers alone.

They both did stuff, Kissed, touched each other, but never had sex. Mide never pressured Stephanie into doing something she wasn't ready for.

Nonetheless, after Mide graduated from Edgewood he went to England to study petroleum engineering. While Stephanie was in her final year in high school, after she graduated, she went on to join her boyfriend and they both were now studying at Oxford.

Stephanie was living on campus but in her second year she moved in with Mide, who was in his third year and everything was perfect.

At that moment Stephanie lost her virginity to Mide and their love became even more stronger than it ever was.

When Stephanie's four year course in interior designing came to an end, she graduated and moved to London, interning for a fashion company for two years just to be by Mide's side.

His was a five years course and a one year internship. Six years spent together as lovers. After then, they both decided to further more in doing their MBA at Oxford and after that, Mide told Stephanie about spending his life with her forever, giving her a hint of marriage.

But before they went for their masters. Their families requested their presence back home in Nigeria to celebrate them and to also announce their engagement.

Both the Ajirotutu's and Wellingtons were in agreement to marrying their children, unlike like business partnership, it was more of an alliance to keep the family's legacy of marrying the rich for their riches.

Even though Shola Ajirotutu didn't like Uju Wellington, her mom, she just had to accept Stephanie as her future daughter-in-law, because of the love Mide has for her and man he has become.

Yet something dramatic happened, causing Mide to call it quits with Stephanie. Prior to the engagement, there was a get together party for Edgewood Alumni's and everyone in their sets was sure to attend.

The event was held at Oriental Hotel Lekki, Lagos. A grand celebration, meet ups, reconciliation party for everyone to see each other once again after seven-eight years of highschool.

Mide and Stephanie were present, power couple as usual, some people admired them, other's envied, even some try to seduce Mide, but dude wasn't giving them attention, he was happy to see his best friend's, his inner circle, Man Dem ; Odunayo, Kola, Fredrick, Adeleke, Jimi & Timini. His ride or die.