Chapter | 019 | SECRET SCANDAL

Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria

The next day, in the afternoon, 1:30 pm, Laide Amuni came over for lunch and brunch, as usual her arrival didn't go unnoticed, dressed in an expensive red boubou, her gold jewelries were top notch, her white Hermés bag matched her 2 inch white block heel, always making a statement, her fair skin glowy and shiny, her knotless braids we're sleek and neatly plated, her cologne breathed wealth and elegance.

Typical Yoruba Lagos girl. òmó pùpá to lówó. Laide never disappoints when it comes to fashion. She is always elegant, poise and classy. But when it comes to the latest gossip or drama amongst the elites of Lagos, Laide is the number one plug.

She is lead to the second sitting room, as Nike offered greets her with a hug, before offering her to sit down. They talked and laughed, however Nike didn't tell her about ibunkunayo's fight with Stephanie, she just wanted to know about Mide's fiancee and how the news got out so fast about his engagement.

They both had lunch at her dinning table and after the maid's had removed their plates, leaving only cocktails on the table, Nike finally popped the question and Laide confessed hearing it from her daughter-in-law’s best friend Latifat Bello, who in turn revealed that she’d heard it from her brother Lawal Bello.

And Laide had this to report to Nike: “I was in London for a conference. At the last minute, a friend invites me down to dinner at his country estate in Surrey."

"And let me gist you, Have you been there, Nike? Oh my goodness, what a palace! I didn’t realize it was designed by one designer Gabriel-Hippo Hippolyte Desmond, no Desstailleur, ehen ehen i remember, a whire architect who built Waddesdon Manor for the English Rothschilds."

"Mmm, you need to see this Nike you'll love it wahali" Laide said as Nike smiles dryly. She couldn't careless where her friend went, she just wants to get details about Mide's fiancee.

"So what did you and your friend talk about?" Nike asked, trying to make the conversation not go off balance and Laide began.

"Well anyways, we were dining with all these VIPS and MVPs visiting from Singapore and as usual Yinka Otedola (Shola's friend) was the one hosting and you're well aware that her source knows the real gossip of what happens in Nigeria. And then out of nowhere a friend of hers says loudly across the table that Linda Ikeji will be dropping a bomb on the internet about your Family." Laide explained.

"So I'm guessing Yinka knew there was a story but she couldn't guess what it was?" Nike questioned.

"Yes o, but then do you think your family will accept her?" Laaide curiously asked in a low voice. "Giving the fact that your mother in-law has chosen Stephanie, what if things go South?" Laide added as Nike looks at her and then at the flower vase on the table.

"Don't you think you should find a better suitable bride for Mide, or do you want Stephanie to marry your stepson after the stunt she pulled three years ago with your sister in-law's son." L'aide blurts out with a chuckle, Nike could sense the mockery in her laughter.

"What are you talking about?" Nike inquired. "What stunt?"

"Mmmm, ò gà ó." Laide pouts her lips, giving Nike a bombastic side eye. Yimu.

"Stop this attitude Laide, out with it."

"Out with what? It's my mouth odour you want to perceive the smell abi. After all you said about me behind my back calling me èlénu rubber."

"I bed your pardon." Nike snapped.

"Begi begi ko.... Begi begi ni, you think I don't know what you said huh?" Laide snapped back.