CHAPTER | 05 | HIS ROOTS

Dubai.

Minutes later, Mide comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist as he proceeded to his closet, still not done with his luggage, he moved on rummaging through his closet, trying to find something comfy to wear, a call came in through his private cell phone, the one his parents don't have the number for, except his elder sister Toke.

"Hello baby boooooy," His sister greeted him.

"Hello Toke."

"Bá wo ni. How are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm fine and you."

"I'm good. How's the weather over there?"

"Cool as usual." He replies before silence took over.

"It's been two years since you came home." Toke said trying to make the conversation decent as possible. But he didn't reply.

"How's Annika?" Toke asked with so much delight, changing the topic, causing Mide to smile, "She's fine."

"Are you back in England?" Toke asked.

"No.... Still in Dubai, my flight leaves in five hours, i have some unfinished business in South Africa, I'll be there for like a two-three weeks, before i go back to England." He replies.

"Hmmm, I'm sure most of those days is to spend time with your financée, that's good to hear, ..... and oh I almost forgot... Congratulations baby brother, I saw your engagement video, it was breath taking, you really know how sweep a woman off her feet brother......Awwwwn." Toke enunciated the last words breath taking.

"Infact stepmom already found out about your engagement and she's furious like, you need to see Mrs Salami Ajirotutu raging like Ursula." Toke chuckled.

"What! How did she find out?" Mide looked rather startled yet shock.

"Find out!, Didn't you know it went viral... Like viral?."

"What do you mean viral."

"Oh please Ayomide, please don't tell me you're not aware that everyone knows about your engagement to Annika, infact the whole of Nigeria knows. I'm sure half of Cape Town should know by now" Toke said.

"What!!!!" Mide exclaimed.

"Not sure who leaked it exactly, but every social media platforms, blogs and articles has the video of you proposing to Annika, especially on Instagram, there was a live video and guess who popped up, You on your knees." Toke said in her British accent.

"I won't be surprised if it's Linda Ikeji. That woman is a pest. Fuck!" Mide hissed.

"If you say so, It's all over the news to the extent that they searched for her social media accounts and found her and got her pictures, especially the engagement ring you gave her. My dear the internet is on fire, her videos are everywhere. Your fiancée is now the most talked about, not to long ago she is now verified on Instagram and twitter, her YouTube videos are blowing up."

"How do you know all these?"

"Excuse me, i watch your financée's YouTube videos, they're fantastic. She's a masterpiece." Toke praised. Mide's heart swelled with pride, atleast one family member likes her.

One down, twelve to go.

"Wow, that explains alot." Mide rubs his head.

"Alot indeed, and already everyone knows you're bringing her home to Odunayo's wedding."