CHAPTER | 04 | FIRE ON THE INTERNET

While the two love birds were busy discussing their trip to Nigeria, at a neighboring table, a woman was sitting at a booth behind a three-tiered stand piled high eating chocolate pudding.

She was getting increasingly excited by the conversation she was overhearing from the newly engaged couple.

She suspected it might be him, but now she had absolute confirmation. It was Ayomide Ajirotutu. Even though she has meet him at the time in some important events years ago. It was clear she recognized him anywhere.

"Why do you keep staring at that handsome young man, do you know him?" Her friend asked, giving her a cheesy look.

"Why not, I know him very much. His from one of the wealthy families in Nigeria." Linda Ikeji replied, digging into her chocolate pudding. Her friend gasped.

"Wow...You don't mean it, are you sure?" Her friend gapsed, curiously turning to catch a glimpse of the guy.

"I'm very sure that's him." Linda said with certainty.

"Is that one of the Coker or the Adefioye brothers?" Her friend asked with so much curiosity.

"No, that's Ayomide Ajírọtútù, a cousin of the Cokers and the Adefioyes," Linda replied.

"Wait isn't he Stephanie Wellington's ex." She asks and Linda nods. "Yes that's him. The famous Mide."

"Oluwafemi Ajírọtútù's son? Jesus when did he shoot up like that? He's so handsome now! and hot! Sugar daddy type." Her friend exclaimed biting her lip.

"He studied Petroleum Engineering at Oxford. Did did his MBA at Oxford as well," Linda added, anticipating her friend's next question.

"Why didn't you get up and talk to him?" Her friend said excitedly.

"Because of what?" Linda eyed her friend.

"Because his the son of a multi billionaire ofcourse, or don't you know it's not easy to catch a big fish in the sea." Her friend argued.

"Na so. infact why should I bother, when you swat away every guy who dares come near, you think I don't know you're always eyeing them abi." Linda answered curtly.

"Hanhan...Linda! It's not like that, I'm only trying to protect you from fortune hunters, who appear rich but are poor. You know how I hate broke guys." Her friend enunciated the last word.

"I know."

"Thank God you know, but this one you'd be lucky to have. This one you can change your life, infact one's reputation o!" Her friend said.

"But you know he just proposed to his girlfriend." Linda reminded her friend.

"So what, abeg forget that one jare, even if he proposed to her, how sure are you that he'll marry her, don't you know how nigerian men are, engaged to this woman, side chick at their beck and call. Abeg baby girl! shoot your shot, while still have the chance." Her friend said convincingly.

Linda couldn't believe her friend was actually encouraging her to snatch this guy. She stared curiously at Mide, now laughing animatedly with his fiancé at their table.

Even from he sat, he stood out in high relief. Ayomide had a perfectly black low cut, chiseled features, and impossibly thick eyelashes. He was the cutest, dreamiest guy she'd ever seen. He was dashing.

"Linda now, why don't you go over and say hello to him?" Her friend kept on pressuring.

"Please Jennifer stop it, his already engaged. Didn't you see when proposed to the lady." Linda smiled through gritted teeth. "I know what I'm going to do and this will make me alot of money on my blog." Linda smirked.