CHAPTER | 020 | PLAYING THE "NICE MOTHER" CARD

Lekki, Lagos Nigeria.

Sativa Salon is one prolific place known for their exquisite care and services, when it comes to looking good, make-up in hair and nails, they are the best: installation of wigs, braids, acrylic nails, everything expensive Sativa is one of the best plugs in Lagos.

Many celebrities, influencers, even female dignitaries book appointments with them, even some fly their workers out just to prepare them for special occasions.

Infact there are times when they're entirely booked for a year, sometimes half of the year, due to the fact that they're are authentic.

However, on this lovely day, Saturday. Shola decided not to take home services, placing a call through to the CEO of Sativa that she'll be coming in an 3hours. Going out too is more like getting some fresh air. So her driver drove her straight to Sativa's Salon.

As soon as the driver packs the car and comes down to open the door, Shola comes down and walks into the Salon, already the receptionist recognized her, so the young lady greeted even offered to carry her bag, but Shola declined respectfully, telling her to lead the way.

She is lead to an exclusive unit, more like another space where they made hairs and nails for their top clients. The receptionist offers Shola a sit as the stylist greets her, and then began showing her the latest trendy braids.

With her Yoruba roots and nature, Shola isn't a lover of wigs, she often wears them, but anything braids she stands with it. The stylist showed her styles, but she finally agreed on braids with feathers.

At first he stylist retouched her hair, washed and dried, and allowed her scap rest for an hour and began to make her hair with the help of three other stylist.

While they were at it, Shola took a break to eat, her assistant steward Madame Pat brought her food from home. Shola never ate outside except for special occasions. She doesn't joke with her health. After eating, Madame Patricia returned home.

Few minutes later, the stylist resumed in making her hair.
However, unknown to her, two other women came in from relaxing their hair to get it weaved, before installing their wigs. And that was how they started gossiping.

"My dear, you’ll never guess what I heard from Patricia that my friend who married a marine engineer." the first woman began.

"What is it?" The second woman asked.

"…You know Olamide Ajirotutu. The only son of the billionaire mogul Femi Ajirotutu"

"Ehen what about him?" the second woman asked as a stylist was drying hair.

"He's son has been dating a girl from Zulu-Natal, South Africa, and now he’s bringing her to Nigeria for Odunayo Alakija's wedding!"

The second woman says "Are you sure? South African? Chineke, what good grief, did he fall for some gold digger? I thought the Ajirotutu's marry their children off to weathy people, which one is South African chai" the second scoff, snapping her fingers with disbelief.

And then first woman says something like, "Well, it might not be as bad as you think. I have it on good feeling that she’s might be one of those rich girl from South Africa. You know I have some friends from Johannesburg, they're well to do. Not exactly old money, but at least they are one of the most solid families in South Africa.” The first woman narrated as they continued to gossip, unbeknownst that Shola was listening to them.

Shola would have dismissed all this rumor as nothing but idle talk among her husband’s bored relatives to strangers gossiping about her family. But this came from Linda Ikeji, who was usually dead accurate. She hadn’t earned for brand name nothing. Her gists were legit.