CHAPTER | 016 | THE SECOND SON: DR ADEKOLA

New York, USA.

Ibiza, Spain.

When you travel down to Metropolitan city of New-York, most people driving past the tall, broad, whitish-grey building, on a busy intersection of Causeway Bay would likely assume it was some sort of government health office, but the (APH) Ajirotutu Presbyterian Hospital is actually one of the best hospitals in America owned by the prestigious Nigerian family. The Ajírọtútù's of Africa.

APH is the seventh best hospital in the country, according to the 2019 Forbes Magazine as "America's Best Hospitals". the only New York metropolitan-area hospital included in the publication's 2020 Honor Roll, an achievement that the hospital has marked for five consecutive years.

It was announced on The Honor Roll lists as one of the top 16 hospitals, nationally based on reputation, mortality rates, and other care-related factors.

According to the survey, Ajírọtútù Presbyterian Hospital is also the only New York metropolitan-area hospital that ranks in all 17 medical specialties listed in the world. These include Cancer; Digestive Diseases; Ear, Nose and Throat; Geriatrics; Gynecology; Heart and Heart Surgery; Hormonal Disorders; Kidney Disease; Neurology and Neurosurgery; Ophthalmology; Orthopedics; Pediatrics; Psychiatry; Rehabilitation Medicine; Respiratory Disorders; Rheumatology; and Urology.

It is also listed among the top 10 in nine categories, including Ophthalmology, Gynecology, Heart and Heart Surgery, Hormone Disorders, Kidney Disease, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Urology.

According to 2021 TIMES MAGAZINE "This honor reflects the outstanding work of all our staff and employees and their dedication to provide the highest quality service to all of our patients, and the ongoing medical breakthroughs that are made possible through our affiliation with two top-tier medical colleges - Weill Medical College of Cornell University and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons," says Dr. Adekola Felix Ajírọtútù president and CEO of APH.

As of the largest and most comprehensive health-care institutions in the world, the Hospital is committed to excellence in patient care, research, education, and community service.

Even, it was reported in New York magazine's "Best Doctors" issue, in Solucient's top 15 major teaching hospitals, and in many other leading surveys. The Hospital has academic affiliations with two of the country's leading medical colleges: Joan and Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.

APH Healthcare System, includes acute-care and community hospitals, long-term care facilities, ambulatory sites, and specialty institutes is committed to providing high-quality, cost-effective, and conveniently accessible care to communities throughout the tri-state metropolitan region. The System serves one in four patients in the New York metropolitan area and also in the whole of America.

Despite its rather perfunctory name, it was once a founded sports facility center owned by a black man.

It boasted the legendary business tycoon Segun Ajírọtútù reputation as its honorary president, and its restrictive membership had an eight-year waiting list open only to the most established families back in the day. But later on the building was tired down and built again into a massive hospital with 2,455 beds.

The hospital thrived, but the sport facility was built again beside the hospital and the public rooms were still firmly entrenched in late-seventies chrome-and-leather decor, since members voted to spend all the money on updating the sports facilities.