CHAPTER | 012 | HER PAST, HER FUTURE

Shanghai.

Two Years Later............

Stephanie was on a vacation in Shanghai, with her bestie Ibunkuayo Ajirotutu, her ex's step sister.

Unlike Toke Ajirotutu Makinwa, who's known for classy elegance, her glitz and glamours image, fashion sense, fundraising events, regal lifestyle with an enormous fortune in her name, unexplainably dotted.

Stephanie Wellington stood out in her own kind of way, well-known for her beauty and wealthy background. Beautiful, smart, intelligent, confident, very exquisite, yet sassy. This girl's presence always made heads turn with curiousity.

Unlike her older brothers; Obinna and Fedrick who bagged a B.A & M.B.A in Harvard University, Stéphanie studied Industrial Design at Oxford and was meant to continue her master's there, but after she and Mide broke up she then moved on to do her master's degree in Paris.

At 25, accomplished, proud and well to do. Stephanie got whatever she wanted at the snap of her fingers.

Having worked with international fashion labels & brands like Vogue, Marie Claire, Dior, Channel, Fendi, Versace, Louis Vuitton, YSL, Hermès and famous celebrities like Viola Davis, Wizkid, Naomi Campbell, Stefflon Don, Gigi Hadid, Bonang, Boity, Davido, Lori Harvey, Tems and the rest, Stephanie sees herself as a go getter, ambitious and daring.

A darling of the family, a fashion icon, just like Toke Ajirotutu, however not like Toke, the trend setter. The goddess.

Currently in Shanghai enjoying her break from work, Stephanie and Ibunkuayo were enjoying their vacation. That evening they both decided to go shopping again and then visit a famous jeweler in Shanghai.

Both young ladies walk into Luxe HIgh-End Boutique, strikingly beautiful, the private room was intended for wealthy female customers.

And the moment Stephanie and Ibunkuayo walked in, every head seems to turn towards them. They all admired the beautiful women with their rich clothings and fine jewelry. The two exhibits, elegance, grace, and poise. Expected for their social status in society.

Stephanie wore a nude coloured Dior shoes, patterned with a light purple dress, and sunglasses that were from Valentino and a simple but expensive Dior bag.

Ibunkuayo wore a pink and white cotton tweed Channel dress, her favorite Channel block heels and her white leather birkin bag from Hermès. Stephanie wore her knotless braids down neatly, while Shalewa decided to pack her hair in a ponytail as neatly as possible.

Ibunkuayo's phone rang and she took the call, unknown to her, Stephanie sees a little girl, the daughter of a customer as the counter, holding a tiny stuffed bunny with a yarn bow as she tugs on her mother's sleeve. Wanting to get her mother's attention.

"Mummy? See what I made for bunny......" The little girl tries to gets her mother's attention, but her mother waves her away, busy looking over baubles with her friend.

"No, not now, not now baby." Her mother said. Stephanie felt bad for the little girl. She herself has experienced a handful of times being often dismissed by her parents.

Later on Ibunkuayo hangs up the call and went back to join her bestie.

But the customers, including the Little Girl's mother, soon notice Stephanie and Ibunkuayo, and they sneak looks and whisper to one another about them. Both girls walks by them and goes to the Little Girl, much to her mother's surprise.

Stephanie bends down to the little girl, while Ibunkuayo stood behind quite confused.

Stephanie starts her introduction. "Hi, I'm Stephanie, this is my best friend Ibunkuayo." She introduced as Shalewa follows with a wave and sweet smile, "Hiii."