CHAPTER | 018 | THE FALL OUT

Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria

The family feud reached Nike's mansion at Banana Island Lagos, that her husband Femi had a serious issue that resulted to an argument with Shola the first wife, on the concerns about Ayomide bringing home, a South African woman.

Shola air quote Annika to be a foreign stranger who charmed her son with juju, more less voudoo.

It was indeed an argument that their husband said whatever decision Mide makes in regarding his happiness is fully accepted by him, but his mother Yemisi Ajirotutu interrupted him giving her own remarks.

"Impossible Oluwafemi, over her dead body will my first grandson marry an outsider. Your father and I will not agree to this. Never!" Yemisi blurts out.

"That's for me to decide mama not you, after all Ayomide is my son, eyin kó le bí, moreover daddy ti agree, he's aware of everything and he supports whatever decisions I make over Ayomide's affair. So éjó é ma dà si. Stay out of this matter." Femi snapped back.

"God forbid Femi, I will not allow my son marry that foreigner ko possible o. Mi ó ni gbá. Laye! Never!" Shola began to argue but her husband shushed her.

"Gbenu dáké jor, keep quiet woman. Ki lòn shè é, which foreigner are yapping about? Is Annika not from a good family, or do you trust our son to bring nuisance home. Look Shola! You had better be be careful and behave yourself when Ayomide returns home o, má bá inu òmóyén jé o. Be glad our son is coming home after three years of his absence, except if you want to use your hand and cause trouble. Mi o ran e nishé. Understood?." Femi says strictly but Shola only rolls her eyes and hissed.

"Mtcheeeeeeeeew."

"Iwó lò mó, oku sówó e, mo Sha ti só témi." Femi inclines.

However his mother Yemisi, wasn't having it, she also stated that their family's wealth must remain within their bloodline and tribe.

Whether, igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, so far as she's a Nigerian girl from a wealthy home with etiquettes, home training and good educational background is accepted in their family, but a South African girl with a family of no traces of wealth or social status was unacceptable for the Ajirotutu's and Salami's.

Problem no dey finish. Rich people Palava.

Anyways the matter was unsettled, until Femi arrived at a conclusion that whenever Annika arrives, it will be decided whether she's accepted or not, but as for him Ayomide has his blessings 100%.

However after a few days of strategically placed phone calls, Mide's stepmother Nike finally nailed down the source of the disturbing rumor involving her son.

Or should she call him her stepson?

Even if she has three girls, and not a male offspring, Mide too is her son, he never disrespected her, always carefree, kind-hearted and reserved, she dots him like her own even when Shola tells it to her face that Mide is not her son. Hers and hers alone.

"Drama queen." Nike sighs, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. She was sitting on a purple couch in her third sitting room, going through some emails on her iPad, everyone knows Nike's mall "La Flourrist Rosé" a shopping mall like ShopRite.

With a billion dollar fortune in her name, Nike inherited that mall from her late grandmother and that has been a big blessing for her, with branches across the continent: Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Benin Kano, and Ibadan, successfully they have a branch in Cameron, Côté d'Ivoire, Morroco, Ghana, S.A, France, UK, Germany, Italy and in the USA, soon she'll be on Forbes list as part of the World's female billionaire. Touché but it was absolutely perfect.