Morning Sun

A morning in bed with Sirius after graduating from Hogwarts drabble — gn!reader

Warnings: n/a

Words: 0.5k

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺

You wake up to the bright morning sunlight in your eyes. You wanted to turn away, but Sirius had his slender arms wrapped tightly around you from behind.

Though it was annoying, you enjoyed the feeling, and settled with using your hand to shield your eyes.

Now that your eyes weren't pained, you let out a content sigh and contently snuggled into Sirius' chest, feeling his heartbeat along with the subtle rise and fall with each breath he took.

After a few minutes, you could feel his breath shift, and you knew he was stirring awake. He pulled you closer to press a kiss on your crown, then loosened his grip on you.

You seized the opportunity to turn around, and kissed his jawline softly.

"Good morning, chérie." He grumbled. "How long have you been up?"

"Not long." You told him, punctuating the sentence with two more kisses on his cheek. "Thankfully, of course, since you had me caged in your arms."

"Being trapped in my arms is an honour, my love. You should be so grateful."

You let out a giggle. "You're right, Siri, I'm so grateful. It's my favourite thing. Especially when I'm starving and you wake up an hour after I do."

He curled a lock of your hair around his finger, gazing into your eyes.

"See? A little gratitude is all I ask for. Plus, maybe some breakfast."

You whined as you sat up. "You're a twenty year-old child. James and Lily already have a baby and you're waiting on me to cook for you."

You made it clear that you were teasing by fiddling with his hand as you spoke, in case he was too tired to register your tone.

"If you want kids, I think that's a conversation we should have later in the day." He teased back.

He grinned at you as you rolled your eyes and laughed. Merlin, he wished he could take a picture and come back to this site every hour of the day.

"Come on, I'm not making you breakfast unless you get up too." You told him, tapping his chest.

He pulled you down so your chests were parallel, and caged you in with his limbs once more.

"I don't need breakfast, I just want to lay in bed with you for a little bit longer."

"I need breakfast, darling." You protested playfully, trying to wriggle out of his grasp.

He rested his face in the crook of your neck. Every word he spoke felt warm against the soft skin there. "And I'll make it for you. Just let us stay here like this for a few more minutes."

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺