Babysitting Date

You and Sirius postpone date night to babysit Harry — gn!reader

warnings: n/a

words: 0.9k

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺

Lily and James had expressed a desire to go on a date at Hogsmeade like when you were all kids, so Sirius offered to take care of Harry for the night—much to your dismay. You two already had a dinner date planned for that night, and sure it was just going to be a new restaurant you'd heard some good things about, but it would have been nice if he asked you before changing your plans.

"Babysitting Harry is still fun, right? Plus they don't get to have date nights whenever they want like we can." Your boyfriend pleaded later that afternoon, just an hour or two before he had offered to start taking care of the little boy.

"I know, Siri, but we made that reservation a week ago." You pouted.

"And remember how easy it was? We can cancel and get it back for another day. You'll still love me on the weekend, right?"

You laughed, and Sirius seemed relieved that you didn't sound upset with him. "We'll see. It depends on if you cancel any more of our plans without my approval."

"I promise I won't do it again. I just got too excited at the idea of hanging with Mini-Prongs and letting Big-Prongs and Lily go out together."

You knew he was telling the truth, so you cancelled your reservation and postponed the date. You could go out with Sirius anytime.

And an hour later, Lily and James had shown up at your door just as promised. Lily held her four year-old son in her arms, refusing to admit he was growing too old to be carried everywhere.

"Thanks so much for offering to take him for the night." Lily told you. "We've wanted to go back to Hogsmeade for such a long time but it's tough—"

"You don't need to explain." You cut off her unnecessary rambling. "We're always happy to see our godson. We just always have so much fun together, don't we?"

Harry smiled widely at the sensation of you lightly squeezing his blushing cheeks, and both his parents were happy to see it.

"Alright, if you're good, then we should get going." James added.

Lily passed Harry over to you, kissing him goodbye for the night.

"By the time we come to pick you up, you'll be asleep." James said to his son. "So, goodnight, Haz. Be good tonight."

You kissed the boy's unruly curls and he let out a giggle like he always does. "He's always perfect. Say bye, bub."

Harry mumbled goodbyes to both his parents, and they sent him air kisses in return until they closed the door behind them. Once his parents were gone, he wriggled in your arms to face you.

"Where's Uncle Padfoot?" The little boy asked you, his curious hands running across your necklace.

"You want to see Sirius?" You asked cheerfully. "Let's go see him, I know he'll be so happy to see you."

You carried him across the flat to find your boyfriend who was clearly fresh out of the shower. He was dressed in sweats and his hair was soaked—he could use a spell but prefers to air dry as it keeps the volume, or so he insists—and he couldn't have gotten out more than a few minutes ago.

Sirius was sitting on the bed and toying with one of the tchotchkes from off his dresser, and his face lit up at the sight of you and Harry.

"Mini-Prongs, I didn't even hear you come in! What's up? What do you want to do tonight?"

Sirius grabbed him from out of your arms and began lifting Harry up in the air as if he was flying. The little boy loved it, but it made it a lot harder for him to answer the questions.

"I'm hungry, Uncle Pads." He said in between sounds of joy. You then asked if he ate dinner at home, and he said no.

"Alright, so how about you hang out with Siri while I make something to eat?"

Harry nodded in approval and turned to Sirius. "Can we read something?" Both James and Sirius give all the characters special voices and crack jokes in between paragraphs, which Harry loves.

"Of course we can, mate." He pressed a kiss to the boy's forehead before getting up and heading to the bookshelf of children's books you kept for your godson. You wished you could stay and watch the adorable scene that was about to happen, but you left to go cook before the urge to stay was too strong.

You whipped up something quick, and it didn't take any longer than fifteen or twenty minutes. You opted against calling the boys and instead just walked across the flat to your bedroom, where you found Sirius fast asleep and Harry trapped in his arms.

"He's been asleep for hours." Harry said as you let him out from Sirius' hold. You laughed at the hyperbole, then allowed the boy to go to the kitchen and start if he wanted.

After he rushed out, you woke Sirius up by rubbing your hand along his chest. He mumbled something about Harry that you couldn't understand through his groggy voice.

"Rise and shine, honey." You said quietly while he sat up and stretched. "You're missing all the fun of babysitting."

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺