Diagon Alley

Shopping in Diagon Alley drabble where Sirius 'rich boy' Black wants to pay for everything you buy — gn!reader

Warnings: n/a

Words: 0.5k

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺

"You don't even like reading, Siri. You didn't have to pay for those." You told him.

He had just paid for the books you wanted from Flourish And Blotts, even though you had told him it wasn't necessary.

He insisted that it was 'boyfriend duties' that he needed to perform, and you couldn't change his mind, no matter how much you tried.

He even insisted that he carry them for you as the two of you walked around Diagon Alley.

"It's too late now, they've already been paid for." He said nonchalantly.

"But I can pay you back for them." You argued.

The books did cost quite a bit, but Sirius dropped the Galleons on the counter like it was nothing — and it probably was nothing for him. Even though it was a lot of money to you, you still felt a pang of guilt at the fact that he had paid for it all without a second thought.

"You can pay me back by giving me a review of them all when you finish reading." Sirius proposed with a partially-stifled grin. "Or you could read them to me."

He opened the door for Three Broomsticks and asked if you wanted to go in for a drink. You knew it was just his way of ending the conversation, but you were craving a Butterbeer, so you let it slide and obliged.

He held the door open so you could go first, then followed as you chose a table with enough seats in case your friends came in and wanted to join you.

He set your books down on one of the chairs, then rushed ahead of you before you could sit down.

You glared at him, holding back a laugh when he pulled out your chair for you. He gestured for you to take a seat, and you reluctantly did so.

"You see what I mean when I talk about your exaggerated chivalry?"

"Boyfriend duties, gentlemanly actions." He corrected, and you shook your head.

You sighed, exhausted with his stubbornness. "Can I at least pay for your Butterbeer? You can pay for mine."

You knew adding the last part would help convince him, since it meant he could still be chivalrous. You flashed him a sweet smile, hoping it would help your case, and he nodded.

"Yes, fine. You can pay for my Butterbeer, love." It gave you a sense of relief, that you would quickly learn to be false as he stood up and kept speaking. "It's too bad I'm in the mood for some cherry syrup."

Your jaw dropped at his mischief, and he smiled widely, then kissed your cheek.

"I'll go get the drinks." He told you, walking towards the bar. "And I will be paying for both of them."

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺