Wife: Part 2

You and Sirius go on a bonding (and very flirtatious) shopping trip a few days after you run away to stay with the Potters — fem!pureblood!reader

Warnings: reader has just recently escaped an abusive, pureblood family, sirius and reader were in a young arranged marriage

Words: 1.1k

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺

It took a little bit of time, but once it really set in that you were going to be staying with the Potters for at least a little while, you were forced to think about what else you needed with you. When leaving your own dreadful home, you had packed and taken off in quite a rush, neglecting many ordinary things.

Euphemia promised to take you down for a shopping trip down at Diagon Alley. You really didn't want to inconvenience anyone so you tried to tell her it wasn't necessary, but she insisted the family had been meaning to take a trip there anyways—even though you could tell she was just trying to make you feel better.

You went along with it, so here you were now in Diagon Alley with a list of things you needed to get back on your feet.

James went off to browse the newest Quidditch equipment in stores, his parents went to run a few errands around the alley, but Sirius insisted on staying back and shopping with you.

You could feel him peering at the list over your shoulder, and your suspicions were confirmed when he started reading it aloud. "Quills, paper, toiletries— Love, I know the Potters have all of that and they'll be more than willing to share."

You had been getting closer over the last few days, but the nickname still sent a flock of butterflies loose in your stomach every single time. The both of you walked into the second hand store and the butterflies got worse when he opened the door for you.

"I'm sure they do." You responded. "But I don't want to be dependent on them. No offence."

The last part was teasing, but he would never take the bait like that.

"None taken, actually." Sirius said proudly. "The Potters are all lovely people."

"If you love them so much, why don't you marry them?"

You were trying hard at this point to tease. At least it seemed like you were getting a reaction now.

"Well, I don't know." He chuckled. "I mean, I could start with the fact that I'm already married."

Your jaw dropped as you feigned shock. "You've been married this whole time? I can't believe you, Sirius Black."

You admired how he played along. He rolled his eyes and his mouth formed a small smirk.

"I know, I can't deny I can be a player sometimes, I'm sorry." He ran his hands along a frilly dress beside you. "Actually, I don't even know why I'm here with you because my wife is pretty great."

You bit the inside of your cheek and pretended to look at some skirts so you wouldn't fold immediately. "Yeah? Tell me about her."

"Where do I even start? We were actually set up by our families, but it may be the only thing my parents ever did right. She was the fittest girl in school even though I would never admit it at the time, she's way too good for me, she even ran away from her horrid family and came straight to find me. But there is something..." He sighed like there was something huge he needed to get off his chest.

You tilted your head to the side and decided to travel down whatever road he was heading. "And what might that be?"

"Well, a few things actually." And your interest was piqued even further. He picked up a thin scarf and started waving it around dramatically as he spoke. "First is that I have no idea if she even likes me back, and second is that she's only been living with me for a few days and she's already made it abundantly clear she intends on getting her own place—"

You cut him off there, grabbing the scarf to stop its movement. You were both smiling at each other as he moved with the scarf when you pulled it closer.

"You're making this wonderful wife of yours seem like she hates you." You softened, and your attention switched to the half-used rolls of fabric on the dusty shelves. "I already told you, I am getting my own place soon. And if we get closer and decide that our marriage was a good idea, then you're absolutely free to move in with me."

"Then that's exactly what I'll do."

You'd be lying if you said you didn't want that to happen, but there was no way you were going to tell him that right now.

"Look!" Sirius got your attention, holding up a soft, barely-used roll of fabric. "We can even get some 'his and hers' robes made from this stuff!"

"I think matching housecoats is just a thing for couples."

His eyebrow raised and he looked down at you like what you just said was completely ridiculous. "And what's the problem?"

"You and I aren't a couple." Obviously.

"Well, that can be changed easily. I think it's about time we go house hunting together."

You rolled your eyes, and started walking down the store's aisle, away from Sirius. He was absolutely not going to see you blush as you told him this next bit.

"You at least have to take me on a date if you want to buy a house with me."

He followed where you walked. Though you couldn't see his face, you knew that stupid, annoying, super sexy smirk was back on him.

"This isn't a date?" He asked.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

No, not really. You supposed it sort of was a date. It was just the two of you here, and the way you talk isn't quite how people talk to each other when they're just friends. You could really only think of one defence in favour of it not being a date.

"You never asked me out on this date. You have to ask someone to go on the date for it to be a real one."

Sirius threw his head back dramatically, rolling his eyes and letting out a loud sigh.

"Will you make this a date with me, love?"

He held out his hand, asking you to take it and make this a real date like you had said.

Putting an end to his anxious suffering, you placed your hand atop his and intertwined your fingers.

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you, Sirius." You told him in mock defeat. "Now pick up that fabric you liked. If the date goes well, I'll think about having those robes made."

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺