We're Leaving

You and Sirius get into a fight at a pureblood ball when he wants to leave early and run away — fem!pureblood!slytherin!reader

Warnings: just a generally hostile atmosphere, angst, a verbal fight, and sirius grabs reader's arm to pull her away

Words: 0.6k

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺

The party itself was nice; the people attending, maybe not so much, but they tolerated you so the least you could do was tolerate them in return. You stayed away from the ones who you couldn't even pretend to like, at least.

The whole night was to celebrate the engagement between Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Black, so their families certainly went the whole nine yards for the night.

You stood near Narcissa and Lucius after Sirius wandered off with his parents a while back. You were a bit worried for him—you knew he didn't get along with pretty much anyone in the building that night—but you tried to push it aside and continue having fun.

Narcissa made a joke to which you laughed politely before you felt a tap on your shoulder that made you startle. Your head swung to see who it was, and you couldn't have been happier with the answer.

He was visibly upset, but the expensive alcohol you had consumed was clouding your senses and you hadn't detected his emotions yet.

"Sirius, you were gone for so long." You told him. "We were just talking about where Narcissa and Lucius should go on their honeymoon. What do you think: New York or Scotland?"

"We're leaving." Sirius said. "I want to go home."

Again, you were just a bit too tipsy to understand the urgency in his voice. You turned back to the happy couple. "Well, there you have it. Just stay home for your honeymoon!"

Sirius clasped a hand around your forearm, hoping you would get the hint. "No, love, I'm not in the mood. We need to go."

"Siri, I'm having a good time. I told you to just stay away from anyone who doesn't like you being in Gryffindor."

"We can have a fun time at James' place."

The whole conversation was confusing more than anything. "James? What does James— Siri!" You cut yourself off when Sirius started pulling you across the room by your arm.

Trying to keep up with your boyfriend's fast strides so he didn't have to drag you, your main goal was to try and release yourself from his grip without making a scene.

When he led you to the empty foyer, Sirius finally let go, but now you were both angry.

"Sirius, what is wrong with you?!" You asked in a whisper-yell. "Can you explain to me what's going on?!"

He looked surprised that you would even ask. He pulled the wand out of his pocket, then gave you an answer. "I'm just tired of all these people! I'm leaving, and you're my girl so I want you to come with me."

"If you hate these people so much, why are you acting exactly like them? You can't just grab me and leave. Just talk to me!"

He huffed. "Fine, if you want me to talk, I will. I'm leaving this whole life, are you coming or not?"

The abruptness caught you off guard. Was he really asking you to leave everyone and everything you know right now? You just didn't know how to respond to a question like that.

"Siri, I can't..." You answered honestly. It was too much to decide at that moment, slightly drunk and extremely overwhelmed.

"Then I'll be with the Potters. Don't tell that to any of these maniacs. Goodbye."

And just like that, he apparated away, leaving you heartbroken and alone. 

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺