Butterfly Garden

Drabble of going on a date at the butterfly garden with Sirius — fem!reader

Warnings: bugs

Words: 0.3k

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺

You giggled at the fluttery feeling of the blue butterfly perched on the strap of your pink sundress.

"Siri, look how pretty this one is!" You gushed.

"They're all pretty, love." He said, gesturing vaguely to the rest of the conservatory.

"Yeah, but this one flew onto my shoulder first, so they get the most praise."

As you were saying that, two monarch butterflies flew up to you; one landed atop your head, and the other clung to the side of your dress.

You let out a muted squeal, trying not to scare the butterflies off of you.

"See, these are my second favourites, but maybe first because they're standing somewhere I can see them better than the blue one."

"How are you getting so many to land on you?" Sirius asked.

You took one good look at him and immediately knew what the difference between you was.

"You're wearing all black. They're attracted to flowers, Siri, none of them want to land on your leather jacket and black jeans."

One of the butterflies flew off of you as you spoke, and you gave it a slight wave goodbye.

"Maybe we could come back another time when you're wearing bright clothes?" You suggested, feeling bad that he wasn't getting the full experience on your date.

He smiled at you, like he knew something you didn't. "I don't own much else, love."

You scrunched your face, trying to mentally run through his wardrobe and think of something bright that he owns.

"Should I put on one of your cute little dresses in hopes the butterflies will find me pretty?" Sirius asked jokingly.

"You'll be the prettiest."

You pulled his hand up and kissed it since you didn't want to move too much and kiss him anywhere else.

"You're right." He agreed. "These bugs would be stupid not to see that."

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺