26 || Letters

How many sunrises had passed since Xiao last saw you?

Sitting on the top of Wangshu Inn, the Adeptus looked in the direction of Inazuma. In his hand rested your first ever letter to him. Carefully, he ripped the top of the envelope and unfolded the paper.

"Dear Xiao," it read. "How is the weather there? I have arrived at Ritou, which is a small port town in Inazuma. The breeze is nice as it blows in from the ocean, and it brings forth dances of red maple leaves from the trees. The color reminds me of the inside of your sleeve...quite funny, right?

The trip through the ocean was much calmer than I had expected. There were no storms, and the water was clear and beautiful under the moonlight. And so, as I have arrived earlier than intended, I hope this letter reaches you quickly and in good health. How is your karmic debt? Have you been doing your stretches?

Speaking of stretches, I have made a new companion on the ship--the captain, Beidou--who is much stronger than most mortals I know. When in a drunken daze, she had me participate in an interesting stretching competition with her crew, which I won easily. One member named Kazuha almost bested me, however. He also has an anemo vision like you. He also seemed interested in the herbs I had in my bag.

Anyways, I will be staying in this port for a while as I buy some vials and such I could not bring on the ship. 

I wait eagerly for your reply,
(y/n)"

Xiao wasted no time to warp to the reception desk of the inn and ask for a pen and letter paper from the Boss. On the spot, he wrote back.

⊱ ────── {⋆❀⋆} ────── ⊰

Dear (y/n),

It has been sunny here for the last two weeks. The flowers you gave me have been in full bloom because of it. I̴ ̴l̴o̴o̴k̴ ̴a̴t̴ ̴t̴h̴e̴m̴ ̴e̴v̴e̴r̴y̴ ̴m̴o̴r̴n̴i̴n̴g̴

So you arrived safely. Good. I have been fine--your medicine has long-lasting effects. I have been doing the stretches every morning.

I also hope this letter reaches you in good health.

Xiao

⊱ ────── {⋆❀⋆} ────── ⊰

Xiao,

Am I the first person you have ever written to? How cute. I indeed received your letter in good health. Currently, I am sitting with someone named Thoma who is paying for this letter to be sent...I helped a dog with a stomach ache and the mortal insisted on repaying me with money, so I asked for this favor instead. His master is also with him. Her name is Ayaka, and she bought me something called "boba," a classic sweet treat in modern Inazuma. I have to say that it is indeed tasty...Maybe I will experiment with some plants when I return to recreate the drink for you.

The amulet you've given me was complimented by the young mistress, and when I told her that it was from my lover, she excitedly asked for more stories of you. It was very fun to talk about such things to her...a bit different from Cloud Retainer who usually does all the talking. But the conversation made me realize that already a month has gone by since I last saw you. It is strange that a month feels so long...after all, we have lived for thousands of years. A month for us is supposed to be like a day for a mortal...

I miss you very much.

From your lover,
(y/n)

⊱ ────── {⋆❀⋆} ────── ⊰

Dear (y/n),

Yes, I have never written a letter before. I'm unaware of what to write.